Zalman R1: Its £25 its not aggressive *world explodes*

brownninja97

Not done with my build yet, but my first impressions.

I had to break the top vent cover to uninstall the fan there. The cover completely obstructs airflow, so there's no point having a fan there if you intend to have the cover on, and without the cover it looks ugly as all sin.

Not a fan of the implementation. Furthermore, installing a second front fan stops the front fan filter going in correctly. I managed to force it back on, but it took some effort.

Also, the back panel. I'd be tempted to give this case zero out of 10 for the back panel alone. I laid my cables as flat as the case allows, and it still took 15 mins of trying by myself to get it on. Eventually, I get it nearly on, then used the rear thumb screws with a screw driver to get the panel back on.

Overall, it's not bad, but there are a couple of glaring design errors that I think could have been fixed for cheaper, like just having a well designed open top rather than an essentially un-removable cover.

I recommend the case, but be prepared for a little bit of a battle.

interesting, as a cheap case ill cut it a bit of slack, my arrived today with the case basically crushed, not sure what the fuck my shipping company was doing but it looks like a hammer has hit the case, not a little hammer, a sledgehammer, id take pictures but ive already sent it back

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Not done with my build yet, but my first impressions.

I had to break the top vent cover to uninstall the fan there. The cover completely obstructs airflow, so there's no point having a fan there if you intend to have the cover on, and without the cover it looks ugly as all sin.

Not a fan of the implementation. Furthermore, installing a second front fan stops the front fan filter going in correctly. I managed to force it back on, but it took some effort.

Also, the back panel. I'd be tempted to give this case zero out of 10 for the back panel alone. I laid my cables as flat as the case allows, and it still took 15 mins of trying by myself to get it on. Eventually, I get it nearly on, then used the rear thumb screws with a screw driver to get the panel back on.

Overall, it's not bad, but there are a couple of glaring design errors that I think could have been fixed for cheaper, like just having a well designed open top rather than an essentially un-removable cover.

I recommend the case, but be prepared for a little bit of a battle.

To remove the top vent cover you have to push on the little round studs that hold it in place from inside the case. They have rubber on the inside which makes the vent cover grip like crazy if you pull on it from the outside with the handle. Not the best design in that area.

Aaaaaaaaand it's got a floppy slot instead of a 3rd 5.25", dealbreaker.

I put these in all my builds, so I require a minimum of 3x 5.25" slots

But oh well, someone else will like it, though I hear it's not very streamlined.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

For this money its actually a very nice Case! I would definatly buy this if i would be on a tight budget

Aaaaaaaaand it's got a floppy slot instead of a 3rd 5.25", dealbreaker.

I put these in all my builds, so I require a minimum of 3x 5.25" slots

But oh well, someone else will like it, though I hear it's not very streamlined.

I always put card readers there or extra usb 3.0 slots, hopefully the new usb uses the 19pin or something similar.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The front panel scratches extremely easily. It is a very thin paint job.  :(  Don't think I will buy a cheap case again.

The front panel scratches extremely easily. It is a very thin paint job.  :(  Don't think I will buy a cheap case again.

That tends to happen, there is a limit to the potential quality with cheap cases.

Listen if you care.

Hmm.. Now if the build quality is okay then this shall be the first good Zalman product ever. 

You are well damm wrong. They make some good PC cases allready. I have Zalman zm t4 care and it is greaf for price of 15 euros.

Intel i7 2600 @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI Z77-GD55 | Crucial 16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz | Intel 330 SSD 180Gb | Western Digital Black 1Tb | Western Digital Green 2Tb | Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti | OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W | Thermaltake Commander MS-I case | OS X Yosemite | Dell Vostro 3550 Windows 10

Intel Xeon 1230 V2 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S | Kingston 4Gb RAM 1333Mhz | Seagate 1TB  | Fractial Design Arc mini | Windows 10

I just bought the Corsair Obsidian 350D (Window).. I don't know how to feel about, to be honest this thing is gorgeous and cheap! Any better case that I should know about at this price range but also to look sweet as this one?!

Holy balls that looks really nice for £25

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

For the money its not bad

Its like a cheap fractal case

Except ALUMINUM, YAY!!!

aluminumcasemasterrace!

Finally a cheap alternative to Lian Li, WITH CABLE RUNNING HOLES!!!!!

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd