Best headphones at around $150 max

xtwargodtx

Hey guys I'm looking for some headphones that would be good with electric (monstercat stuff) and top 40 music. I've heard a lot if the hype around the audio technica ath m50 but I've heard that there are a lot better options. The only headphones at this price range I've listened to are the shure srh440's. I live in the Vancouver surrey region (same as Linus's) so prices in CAD would be appericated but not necessary. Thanks for you help

Hey guys I'm looking for some headphones that would be good with electric (monstercat stuff) and top 40 music. I've heard a lot if the hype around the audio technica ath m50 but I've heard that there are a lot better options. The only headphones at this price range I've listened to are the shure srh440's. I live in the Vancouver surrey region (same as Linus's) so prices in CAD would be appericated but not necessary. Thanks for you help

"beats by DR 50 cent star wars edition 4k studio headphones". 

Totally recommend these 

People seem to recommend the audiotechnica ATH-M50 s, personally I haven't tried them, but I plan on getting a pair :)

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

There was a time when I was considering getting the steelseries 7H v2's, instead I got creative fatality's because I am poor. You could consider those, I did quite a bit of research into them at the time, the only problem that owners were complaining about was the fact that the wire is connected to the headset via microUSB. I think that if you can handle you new headset carefully you should be fine with the 7H v2's.

Other than that I know very little of this kind of thing. Apply plenty of salt here.

NOTE: This is a headset, it has a mic as well, not sure if you need that.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

People seem to recommend the audiotechnica ATH-M50 s, personally I haven't tried them, but I plan on getting a pair :)

No. Just no, m40x are a better deal and it comes with two cables/better pads. And They're great.

Yeah I'm looking for headphones not a headset thank for your help though

Well I personally use the razer electra as I got them for $70 nzd at my local gamestop or ebgames where ever you're located but they're great for monstercat music like tristam ect... the bass is great so you really get that great electric sound from it. Even if you do decide you wanna use it as a headset you can just unplug the cord and plug the one in with the mic.