So what do you think the new parts will cost?

ddbtkd456

New motherboard supporting ddr4, with the 8 core intel, with the newer video card.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I have estimated it to be ~$1500 for an X99 upgrade platform. But I'm not going there,not needed for gaming.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

$3000+

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

From what I've heard the

motherboard is 400

Cpu $999

RAM (16 gb) 300

so roughly right around 1700 before gpu?

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I have estimated it to be ~$1500 for an X99 upgrade platform. But I'm not going there,not needed for gaming.

this

i dont do as much video work as i used to so i dropped from the enthusiast cpus to consumer

Unless if you're doing hardcore rendering then I don't really see the need. The ones we have are are great for demanding games. Like the 4770k or just plain 8 gigs of DDR3.

Unless if you're doing hardcore rendering then I don't really see the need. The ones we have are are great for demanding games. Like the 4770k or just plain 8 gigs of DDR3.

Funny everyone keeps saying this...I never said it was for gaming....its for severe multi-tasking while rendering about 8 videos at once.

Why is everyone saying 3000 dollars plus? Its only 1700 to upgrade to X99, so its a 1,300 dollar gpu?

Why is everyone saying 3000 dollars plus? Its only 1700 to upgrade to X99, so its a 1,300 dollar gpu?

Well if you're upgrading for video rendering and the like, then it's probably assumed you're getting a titan or a quadro.

That'll easily set you back $1300.

Well if you're upgrading for video rendering and the like, then it's probably assumed you're getting a titan or a quadro.

That'll easily set you back $1300.

I was thinking more along of the new GTX 880 when it gets released as it will have 8GB of memory.

$1500-$1800 I think...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

2.5grand probably.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

2.5grand probably.

Hmm with the build I am doing in the upcoming year at premium prices even I would only be dumping in about 1,000 more dollars (or less) for

1. An i7 8 core cpu - $999
  2. A GTX 880 GPU (speculation only) - $800
  3. A x99 Motherboard (Asus) - $500
  4. DDR4 Ram (16 GB Kit) - $300
  5. A Water block for both the GPU & CPU = 250 (over shooting probably)

For a total of $2,849.00 and my original cpu, gpu, motherboard, ram and waterblocks added together was like 2,150.00 so it would be like a 700-800 dollar increase really.

Original Parts:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($338.99 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ NCIX US)

Memory: G.Skill Trident X 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($169.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($489.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($489.99 @ Newegg)

Other: Waterblocks and things. ($397.94)

Total: $2086.89

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-26 02:35 EDT-0400

Hmm with the build I am doing in the upcoming year at premium prices even I would only be dumping in about 1,000 more dollars (or less) for

1. An i7 8 core cpu - $999
  2. A GTX 880 GPU (speculation only) - $800
  3. A x99 Motherboard (Asus) - $500
  4. DDR4 Ram (16 GB Kit) - $300
  5. A Water block for both the GPU & CPU = 250 (over shooting probably)

For a total of $2,849.00 and my original cpu, gpu, motherboard, ram and waterblocks added together was like 2,150.00 so it would be like a 700-800 dollar increase really.

yeah but gtx 880 isn't going to be 800$ :) 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

yeah but gtx 880 isn't going to be 800$ :)

No? How much do you think? I figure it will probably be over a grand now that I think about it since its packing 8gb of vram.

No? How much do you think? I figure it will probably be over a grand now that I think about it since its packing 8gb of vram.

laptops come wiht 8b's for less than that. it'll be $550 or around there. cutting AMD is a better deal on sales than selling it at 700+

Computing enthusiast.