Disabled Gamer Talks About How Twitch Saved His Life

Fulgrim

Ken Worrall plays Diablo, World of Warcraft and Starcraft on Twitch under the name NoHandsKen. It means a whole lot to him, because as a result of an accident 20 years ago, Ken has Tetraplegia.

Ken's is a very inspirational story, and one that reminds us that at its best, gaming can give people a way to reach out and connect to others, including people just like us.

Links: Twitch Twitter YouTube  Reddit

f7f.jpeg

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

So he actually plays with his mouth?

Every time I watch one of these videos it amazes me with the peripherals that are invented to meet the needs of extreme disability.

This is oddly ironic to me, considering my father and I just got into an argument about how video games are "worthless" in his opinion.

Dat_3463e9_2462707.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Okay, very interesting.

I went into this video thinking that it would be a nice story and that it could prove a point or two about the actual use and benefit of video games. And it definitely did that, but I also got kind of emotional to be honest. Thanks for sharing this, I really hope that he will have a good time with his internet presence and that he won't run into too many assholes on the way. That's the concern I always have, please let him have a small and dedicated fan/viewerbase. If his twitch channel suddenly blows up and he gets flooded with ill-natured comments on a day to day basis he might lose the thing that he loves so much right now.

Awesome!! This is what the Gaming community should be like.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Wow that was heartwarming.

And that's coming from me...

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

tumblr_inline_n2yefmn3nm1r8xzg5.gif

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs