Do I really need MY PC

Buckley

Alright, so I find myself gaming in general less and less. The time I spend on my computer is mainly just surfing the web and watching YouTube. Rarely do I game on it anymore. Idk what it is but its just one of those things. So with my current setup, minus the 8350 and replace with 4690k/4790k, do I really even need my computer anymore? Like everything I do nowadays can be done on a laptop. I feel as if my computer is eating away at my bank and is just a bunch of wasted hardware. I still like to think of myself as an enthusist but I feel I have no need for such powerful hardware.

Do you guys think I should grab a decent laptop?

To finish my rig, all I need to do is return my 4690k and grab the i7 and then a GPU block. Total upgrade would be ~$210 USD.

Am I too far in? Guys a little help pls

In all seriousness, no silly answers please

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

I feel you too man. I had a i5 750 + Radeon 5450, I was so into gaming that I now have a 4770K + GTX 770, but now I watch YouTube and TV shows more or less than gaming now.

I would sell most of the parts, just get an i5 and a GTX 660, or any mid-grade graphics card. I still like the big 1080p monitor.

Or you can buy a decent laptop and connect a monitor to it.

I don't see the point in selling it really. You rarely ever get a close return on what your spent. I go through cycles of hobbies. During the summer, i play heaps of sports and hardly touch my PC, but during winter, I spend a lot of time in my study doing pc and remote control hobby stuff. You'll game again one day. Or find something else to do with it.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

i dont even game and i have this computer lol 

WTF 4960X?! 2x 7970's!

Gaming peripherals.

DAFUQ?!?!

I feel you too man. I had a i5 750 + Radeon 5450, I was so into gaming that I now have a 4770K + GTX 770, but now I watch YouTube and TV shows more or less than gaming now.

I would sell most of the parts, just get an i5 and a GTX 660, or any mid-grade graphics card. I still like the big 1080p monitor.

thing is, i still have another week to get my $200 back for my i5, i can make a profit off of my motherboard, and my 290x id break even

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

i dont even game and i have this computer lol 

I don't see the point in selling it really. You rarely ever get a close return on what your spent. I go through cycles of hobbies. During the summer, i play heaps of sports and hardly touch my PC, but during winter, I spend a lot of time in my study doing pc and remote control hobby stuff. You'll game again one day. Or find something else to do with it.

another perspective is, im going to college next year and i dont really plan on bringing my rig

another perspective is, im going to college next year and i dont really plan on bringing my rig

You know what dude. It's pretty impossible, but I'd trade. 

I feel your pain as well. I spend more time trying to find good deals on games then actually gaming. I also spend a majority of time on YouTube looking at tech videos and wishing I had my own review/unbox channel. Lol maybe one day!

Black/Red Beast: CPU: i7 4790k Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 980 RAM: 16GB 1866 HyperFury X SSD: 256GB Samsung Evo 840

I was in that boat a two and a half years ago when I had a rig and got rid of it when I went to boot camp. Got out bought a shit hp laptop and really really wanted a rig again. I got married and inherited my cousins inspiron 530 when he passed from suicide. Hdd was fried and replaced and the rig in my signature is that 530 but nothing from that 530 is actually in it including the screws except that replaced HDd. Got back heavy into gaming now I have a 7 month old and still game just as much as I did but at night and not during the day. If you do get rid of it you will regret it down the road I promise

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600