Microsoft attacking migrations GNU/Linux using dirty tricks

"Microsoft is systematically attacking migrations to GNU, Linux and Free software, using dirty tricks, as always"

Microsoft is losing their install base and they are trying to mantain it at all cost. Over time Free Software has been gaining popularity in the desktop, everytime there are more companies that use it as their current daily driver. Various governments around the world are starting to realize that the use of Free Software is better than the use of Propietary Software because of the money they can save and the added security, but Microsoft is not happy about this and it has been doing a series of attempts over the years to maintain their costumers, and in many occations they have been caught in corruption. They had bribed politicians and even managed to make changes in some countries laws to impulse the use of propietary software, therfore taking advantage of that situation.

For further knowledge I recommend that you read the original article.

Source: http://techrights.org/2014/08/20/microsoft-corruption-watch/

i'm sorry but that source seems to be pure sensationalism, stating criminals in the second paragraph without starting to point facts... that's just stupid, specially with a web header saying "comes vs microsoft"

ALSO CAPS AND BIG LETTERS ARE ANNOYING!!!!!

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

When I saw "Mi that size I stopped reading. But then I read a bit more, and I wish I hadn't.

And they shouldn't call themselves a .org. A .org is for something like a disability foundation or a non profit like Doctors Without Borders or something that has to do with human enrichment. At the very most, this site should be a .net. I mean look at their homepage. They can't even fit their title in there. Their editor calls himself an "interdisciplinary researcher." What the hell does that even mean? He just studies random shit by himself? 

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

They are governments that switch to Linux and now returning to Microsoft solutions.

Example: http://www.zdnet.com/after-a-10-year-linux-migration-munich-considers-switching-back-to-windows-and-office-7000032714/

Also, the article is very sensationalist. "Oh noes! Microsoft is bribing government officials in a countries where corruptions is so high, that if you want to fill up a single governmental form, you need to bribe the government to get it! Shocking news! How dare Microsoft does that!" Please.

I would like to read this from a more trusted source, and from countries that are much less corrupt, to really know if that is what they are doing, and not standard business practices in such country.

Another pointless sensationalist nonsense...

NEXT!

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Is there anything in this article that we honestly didn't already know that every slowly-dying multi-billion dollar corporation has done in the past? IBM did it, oil companies are the biggest perpetrators of it, and Nokia would be doing it if it weren't a Finnish phone manufacturer that had no real political influence to begin with. Why is it such a surprise that Microsoft is doing it?

I don't see what the fuss is all about. Nothing they can do will keep them afloat anymore unless they go open-source, but there is no conceivable alternate dimension where that would happen. It's the same with all these companies. They are the kings of the mountain until something more powerful, secure, and most of all free comes along and slides the mountain out from under their feet. Microsoft knows the writing is on the wall for them and they know that Linux has already torn their throats out in every platform except PCs and consoles, and both are where Linux is headed next with the Steambox and SteamOS. They're just trying to pail out as much water of their sinking boat as possible. Every single other OS vendor has made their software and updates free, especially Apple, which is awesome and all the more power to them. I'm not spending $100+ on a glitchy operating system that controls what I do anymore. I'd rather pay nothing for an operating system that I can tell exactly what to do with no compromises, or at least pay nothing for one that I'm restricted on. Microsoft should never have challenged IBM back in the 70s and 80s, and now because they did they are going to find themselves in the history books with IBM making cash registers, watching the paradisical glory that will be the open source community...

Unix started this fight decades ago, and with the help of Valve, our Lord and Savior GabeN, Mr. Torvalds, AMD and the PCGamingMasterrace as a whole, it's going to win in the next couple of years with Linux, and with the BSD-based OSX bringing up the rear.

Ahh, that was refreshing... The future is bright, people, the future is bright...

Bribing politicians through lobbying might be Standart practice in the US but remember it is must certainty not ok elsewhere

-------

Current Rig

-------