Three beeps

Uehm

Hi,

I've built my PC a few days ago. All is going fine except that I'm getting random beeps every now and again. It's three random beeps. I read that it could be potentially from my motherboard telling me something is wrong, but all my fans seem to be running fine and my temperatures are fine as well.

My motherboard is the MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard.

Does anyone happen to know, or heard of, this issue before?

Thanks,

Uehm

Is it when you boot? of just randomly when you're using your computer?

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

First problem you have an MSI....jk...no seriously thats coming from the motherboard.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Is it when you boot? of just randomly when you're using your computer?

Not when I boot, it's just randomly when I use my computer. I haven't even reached 100% CPU usage with this PC yet, so it shouldn't be a problem with temperatures.

Not when I boot, it's just randomly when I use my computer. I haven't even reached 100% CPU usage with this PC yet, so it shouldn't be a problem with temperatures.

It may be a psu problem...what is your psu make, model, and wattage?

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

PSU is the Corsair CX750M. 

PCPartPicker link: https://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx750m

Hmm...reliable, not the best but good for that price range...I doubt that is the problem. What kind of RAM?

Hmm...reliable, not the best but good for that price range...I doubt that is the problem. What kind of RAM?

RAM is the G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB set.

RAM is the G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB set.

Hmm it might be your motherboard or a hard drive possibly? The ram should be good..however I've had it be the ram before and I didn't think it was that.

First problem you have an MSI....jk...no seriously thats coming from the motherboard.

OP is my friend and he said the beeps are going to his headset.

look up your beep codes in your manual. its probably a temp issue of some kind. 

You sir/madam are incredibly evil. That profile pic should be rotated 90° clockwise. My "OCD" does not like that one bit -_____-

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Base 64K RAM issue according to MSI forum.

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=uk5o8uvk4a4917g75fcmld2ec3&topic=129806.0

thats 3 short beeps for the AMI bios'es the award BIOS'es are either RAM issue or video issue lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Okay so I've been playing some games the past few hours. I've had no beeps..so it isn't a memory or temperature issue.

Anyone know of anything else that could help?

Stop swearing and maybe the beeps will stop. :P (JK)

@Uehm

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Stop swearing and maybe the beeps will stop. :P (JK)

@Uehm

You just go back to waiting for tonight.

@Uehm In relation to what your friend said about your headset receiving the codes do you still hear the beeps when the headset is not connected? 

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

Huh? :huh:

Huh?

Series 8 of Doctor who airs tonight?

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

@Uehm In relation to what your friend said about your headset receiving the codes do you still hear the beeps when the headset is not connected? 

Nope, only heard it when I had my headset on.

Nope, only heard it when I had my headset on.

If you could/ or if you have already; try it with another headset, headphones or speakers? Just to rule out the headset.

Series 8 of Doctor who airs tonight?

Oh! I see.

Well since this is a late reply the first episode of series 8 of Doctor Who would've already aired.

Are you a Doctor Who fan?

If you could/ or if you have already; try it with another headset, headphones or speakers? Just to rule out the headset.

Nope, that didn't fix it either.

try running with one stick of RAM

also run the MemTest

it may seem that the computer is relaying the beep error codes via the speakers/headset audio output as the case dont come with speakers nowadays 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.