Adding and upgradeing the fans on my Cooler Mater Haf X

Nyx-AGB
Go to solution Solved by Rorgash,

the pros are pretty ok for LED fans, some of the best really at that pricepoint(with LED), and PWM fans are good since otherwise you cant control the speed without a fan controller

Hi

So I built my PC 2 years ago (using a Cooler Master Haf X case) but I left the stock fans and didn't add any fans to the case. 

I spent a ton of money and time on that build and adding the fans slipped my mind. But now enough time has passed that I want to upgrade and add things to my PC. The first upgrade I want to make is add and replace the fans from my case.

The fans it can fit are:

Front: 230x30 mm fan x 1 (Included)
Top: 200x30mm fan x 2  (One is included)
Side: 200x30mm fan x 1
Rear: 140x25mm fan x 1

I have done a bit of research and apparently my best bet for fans that are that big is to buy Bitfenix Specter Pros.

Are the Bitfenix Specter Pros any good? Or are their other fans I should consider buying? Do I need PDM fans?

Thanks

the pros are pretty ok for LED fans, some of the best really at that pricepoint(with LED), and PWM fans are good since otherwise you cant control the speed without a fan controller

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I'm also think of buying a fan controller.

I was thinking of buying the Corsair Commander Mini, or the Bitfenix Recon. But I also found a power supple made by Thermaltake that says it gives control over your fans through software. The Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G 1050W.

Which of those is better or are they all for very different things? 

i suggest your mobo :P the bios fan controller is just fine unless you want some constant instant control over your fans

i suggest your mobo :P the bios fan controller is just fine unless you want some constant instant control over your fans

What's the mobo? (Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to fans).

What's the mobo? (Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to fans).

your motherboard :P

your motherboard :P

LOL that makes sense.

So in conclusion I should get the Specter Pros PWM?

LOL that makes sense.

So in conclusion I should get the Specter Pros PWM?

i would for 200mm or bigger fans, tho i think noctua ris coming out with a 200mm fan :P cost would be atleast twice as high tho

i would for 200mm or bigger fans, tho i think noctua ris coming out with a 200mm fan :P cost would be atleast twice as high tho

That would be great, but Noctuas are expensive and impossible to get here in Mexico without paying a ton for shipping.

So I'll get the Specter Pros.