Building and Upgrading. what di you think?

martheus25
Go to solution Solved by Titania_WD,

Hi martheus25,

On your question: The recommended power for the Zotac Geforce GTX 760 is 600W, whereas the max power consumption is indicate to be 170-watt. For the GTX 770 again 600W is the recommended power supply, while the max power consumption is said to be of 230 W.

About the storage: I see you already have a 1TB WD Blue drive. This should be just fine. However, for heavy gaming I'd suggest an upgrade with WD Black (http://www.wdc.com/e...cts.aspx?id=760). With their performance, the WD Black drives are designed especially for gamers.

Hope this helps,

Titania_WD  

Greetings everyone I'm currently building my first PC for gaming then upgrading it for gaming then CAD for my wife. Im from the Philippines so Im converting the price from Peso to $ @ Php43

Parts I already have:

CPU: Intel Pentium G3240

MOBO: Asus H81M-K

RAM: 4GB Kingston 1333 MHz

HDD: WD Blue 1TB

GPU: Nvida 9500GT

PSU: Generic 350W

Parts Im planning to buy:

Aerocool Strike X One $45

EVGA 500B $45

Zotac Geforce GTX 760 AMP! $272

Or

Zotac GTX 770 $392

Eventually upgrading to

Asus z97-a $197

Intel 4690K $253

Question

1. Is the Psu enough to power 4690k + GTX 760? What if the GTX 770?

Oh yeah ill be adding new set of RAM like Corsair Vengeance 8-16GB of 1600MHz on the future also

Hi martheus25,

On your question: The recommended power for the Zotac Geforce GTX 760 is 600W, whereas the max power consumption is indicate to be 170-watt. For the GTX 770 again 600W is the recommended power supply, while the max power consumption is said to be of 230 W.

About the storage: I see you already have a 1TB WD Blue drive. This should be just fine. However, for heavy gaming I'd suggest an upgrade with WD Black (http://www.wdc.com/e...cts.aspx?id=760). With their performance, the WD Black drives are designed especially for gamers.

Hope this helps,

Titania_WD  

• 3 weeks later...