Need new closed headphones

GLHolmstroff

I've been browsing Audio for a while, but haven't exactly found what I was looking for yet, so why not just ask?

I'd prefer a pair of sturdy, closed headphones, and my budget is about $100

I will mostly use these headphones for gaming, but I'd like to also be able to take them outside and listen to dubstep-like music on the go (I have some really bad earphones for this already, but when I get something with at least a decent quality, why not use it?)

Oh yeah, My head is fairly big, I don't know whether that'll be an issue

Is a Mic Necessary?

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

I'd prefer one without a mic so I wont look like a total ass when I go outside wearing it. Iwill just buy a cheap mic I can mount on to the pair for gaming purposes

I really like the look of those.... would you happen to know a manufacturer that ships them to europe?

I'd rather not have to use amazon to get something overseas... it's a pity

I really like the look of those.... would you happen to know a manufacturer that ships them to europe?

Aww.....

...no. They're pretty much unavailable outside the US unless you wanna pay over MSRP or get a "friend" to forward them to you. :(

Edit: Have a look for the Lindy HF-100.

Aww.....

...no. They're pretty much unavailable outside the US unless you wanna pay over MSRP or get a "friend" to forward them to you. :(

Edit: Have a look for the Lindy HF-100.

Those headphones are absolutely terrible. Honestly one of if not the worst headphone I've ever put on my head. It also will not fit on people with large heads.

These will probably work for you -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-K271-MKII-Circumaural-Headphones/dp/B0016MOC28/ref=sr_1_97?s=electronics-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-97&keywords=headphones#cm_cr_dpwidget

Those headphones are absolutely terrible. Honestly one of if not the worst headphone I've ever put on my head. It also will not fit on people with large heads.

That's what you say about everything though.  :rolleyes: 

I've had people give me feedback saying they really like them, so....

That's what you say about everything though.  :rolleyes: 

I've had people give me feedback saying they really like them, so....

No, only those headphones and the HE-300's are ones I really hate. They are a re-brand of a re-brand of a re-brand.

Even if they sounded decent, they clamp on your head very very hard. They won't work with people with large heads, trust me.

These will probably work for you -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-K271-MKII-Circumaural-Headphones/dp/B0016MOC28/ref=sr_1_97?s=electronics-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-97&keywords=headphones#cm_cr_dpwidget

I dont even know anymore which ones you are talking about being terrible (I'm sure the fact that it's 2:30 in the morning here has nothing to do with that), but anyway, the ones you suggested are a little bit out of my price league

I dont even know anymore which ones you are talking about being terrible (I'm sure the fact that it's 2:30 in the morning here has nothing to do with that), but anyway, the ones you suggested are a little bit out of my price league

The ones Shearme linked.

You said your budget was $100? Do you actually mean 75 euro?

The ones Shearme linked.

You said your budget was $100? Do you actually mean 75 euro?

Yup, conversion rates and such

They won't work with people with large heads, trust me.

To be fair, I wrote up a nice witty comeback but then re-read the OP and noticed the last sentence.

Tried the Takstar Pro80/QPAD/HyperX Cloud yet? Might have to go with an M30X or M40x....

tylers post just made me laugh hard

I have seen this same response 3 times now

funny thing his quality control kinda sucks, had to fix my 02 amp I bought from him in 3 spots, wish I bought it from jds

tylers post just made me laugh hard

I have seen this same response 3 times now

funny thing his quality control kinda sucks, had to fix my 02 amp I bought from him in 3 spots, wish I bought it from jds

Sorry you had some problems, we can't be perfect every single time.

My opinion is my own, take it as it is.

Sorry you had some problems, we can't be perfect every single time.

My opinion is my own, take it as it is.

May I ask why you dislike the HE-300s so strongly? I purchased a pair a while back for $60 USD on ebay. Very satisfied with them at that price point. Going to assume your opinion is based off normal street prices. 

May I ask why you dislike the HE-300s so strongly? I purchased a pair a while back for $60 USD on ebay. Very satisfied with them at that price point. Going to assume your opinion is based off normal street prices. 

I bought them a long time ago I think it was either $200 or $250.

They sounded extremely tinny? Hard to describe but reminded me of original iphone earbuds that sounded like they had no sound stage or depth in the music. The stock wire also vibrated into the cups making an annoying sound everytime you moved your head. Maybe the cable I had was broken or something but they just sounded really bad. I guess you could buy a replacement sleeved cable to fix the cable noise but for that price on headphones that shouldn't be an issue.

edit: Just dug through my amazon history and they were $220 and used/refurbed from kraft street audio.

I bought them a long time ago I think it was either $200 or $250.

They sounded extremely tinny? Hard to describe but reminded me of original iphone earbuds that sounded like they had no sound stage or depth in the music. The stock wire also vibrated into the cups making an annoying sound everytime you moved your head. Maybe the cable I had was broken or something but they just sounded really bad. I guess you could buy a replacement sleeved cable to fix the cable noise but for that price on headphones that shouldn't be an issue.

edit: Just dug through my amazon history and they were $220 and used/refurbed from kraft street audio.

Yeah, definitely can't justify that price, but they've made 3 revisions I believe, possibly why I don't have as many issues with it. 

Audio technica ATH-M40x is a good choice for closed headphones at a $100 :) or CHC Silverado. Would have replied earlier but you didn't quote :(

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

if youre willing to spend a bit more ATH-m50s. I cant wait to get my M50x :D

Too bad the release of the M40x has made recommendations of the M50 tiresome.

To be fair, I wrote up a nice witty comeback but then re-read the OP and noticed the last sentence.

Tried the Takstar Pro80/QPAD/HyperX Cloud yet? Might have to go with an M30X or M40x....

So now I'm stuck choosing between the SR950  and the M30X. Can somebody tell me the differences between them in performance, if any?

i'm with the m40x, very good for the money and i enjoy mine