Will a R9 290x fit in my case?

FineVisionz

which r9 290x?

I'm pretty sure the card will not fit, but the 

XFX Double Dissipation R9-290X-EDFD

Max GPU length of the Scout 1 is 267mm or so.

I think at 276mm the MSI Gaming 290X is the shortest one available.

So unless you can find one that is shorter, or if you linked the incorrect version of the CM Storm Scout (You can remove part of the HDD cage on the Scout 2), I'll say no.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

you might be able to remove the drive cage and fix it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I'm pretty sure the card will not fit, but the 

XFX Double Dissipation R9-290X-EDFD

well i can't find any info about the card length, since you have the case, i suggest measure the case to see if you can fit the video card in your case first before you buy your graphics card.

This case wasn't meant to have to drive cage removed, but it does look possible...  But.... there goes my drive cage were my 2 drives are mounted in.  So, case modding would be necessary.  ( cut the drive cage in half ) which I am not exactly wanting to do.

Could always buy a new case. Plenty of great options, most of which have much less restrictive cooling.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Could always buy a new case. Plenty of great options, most of which have much less restrictive cooling.

Any full tower case recommendations? $120 range? 

Fractal Design, Corsair, Silverstone, NZXT and Bitfenix make good cases, plus the Phanteks Enthoo Pro is pretty good.

As often as I do it, I don't like recommending specific cases to people. Everyone has a preferred aesthetic. Go on their websites, pick a few cases from each that interest you, then compare specs.

case choice is really subjective matter

take for example

ppl hate the N600 case because it boxy and the front don't appeal them

I like it because of the functionality 

OP

look for case which allows the 290X which you are gonna pick without the need to remove any parts or HDD cage

oh btw avoid XFX and Asus AMD cards

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

oh btw avoid XFX and Asus AMD cards

Why avoid XFX and Asus AMD card? ( Just wondering )  I hear this quite a bit since I started posting to the forums.

Why avoid XFX and Asus AMD card? ( Just wondering )  I hear this quite a bit since I started posting to the forums.

XFX for the bad quality control and overheating issues and horrible RMA and customer service

the cooler for the AMD cards do not cool the VRAMs and VRMs

so that is why you see reports of Asus AMD GPU getting the artifacts

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.