£500 budget for headphones

Wardy98

Any suggestions for headphones? I'm considering Sennheiser HD8 DJ and Beyerdynamic T70 ,as I want headphones with good flat response and good sound reproduction

Wrong forum man, we dont deal with freaking 500 pound headphones here. Go on head-fi or some other true audiophile forum where are experts and people with experience in monitoring headphones.

Or ask @ShearMe he will direct you.

Wrong forum man, we dont deal with freaking 500 pound headphones here. Go on head-fi or some other true audiophile forum where are experts and people with experience in monitoring headphones.

Or ask @ShearMe he will direct you.

What?

Anyway you won't want any headphones with "DJ" in them if you want a flat response. The T70's are baby T1's and they're SUPER flat so that probably isn't a bad choice. Just make sure you get a good amp.

What?

Anyway you won't want any headphones with "DJ" in them if you want a flat response. The T70's are baby T1's and they're SUPER flat so that probably isn't a bad choice. Just make sure you get a good amp.

So if I bought some T70's, would the Supreme FX 2014 sound on the ASUS Maximus VII Formula be suitable? 

Well, neither the HD8 nor the T70 are flat-response headphones.

Personally I'd go with an Alpha Dog, as the bass is adjustable to your preference (not built to be adjusted over and over and over though).

693cef3e30.png

So if I wasn't looking for absolute flat response but good all round sound with punchy bass, good mids and good highs, would the HD8's and T70's be a good option?

So if I wasn't looking for absolute flat response but good all round sound with punchy bass, good mids and good highs, would the HD8's and T70's be a good option?

Do you just want someone to tell you it's okay to buy one of those headphones or something?

Do you just want someone to tell you it's okay to buy one of those headphones or something?

No they're just two pairs that i've looked at and could compare to other headphones based on reviews that I have watched

What music do you listen too? What you described doesn't narrow anything down.

Mainly electronic music, e.g., drum and bass. I do listen to some rock too, lots of heavy beats and bass but coupled with detailed highs and mids

The thing about your budget is, pretty much everything in the price range is good. It would be easy for us to say "yes" and send you on your merry way. If you want to spend all that money as wisely as possible, we need to know what kind of sound signature you prefer.

Can you say anything good or bad about the sound of the Beats and Bose headphones you have?

The thing about your budget is, pretty much everything in the price range is good. It would be easy for us to say "yes" and send you on your merry way. If you want to spend all that money as wisely as possible, we need to know what kind of sound signature you prefer.

Can you say anything good or bad about the sound of the Beats and Bose headphones you have?

The beats lack clarity in higher frequencies and the low end isn't clear either. The bose are very good earphones but their sound is changed by their active noise cancelling ability. I have some Harmon Kardon Soundsticks which are just amazing with their clear mids and highs and punchy bass which doesn't distort and there sound is just right. That's what i'm looking for in headphones

Can you import some HE-500's?

Yes they're for sale on amazon but a little too pricey at £695

I can builda pc for that price.. I wish I could afford 500 pund headphones im jealous. but check head-fi

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I have some Harmon Kardon Soundsticks which are just amazing with their clear mids and highs and punchy bass which doesn't distort and there sound is just right. That's what i'm looking for in headphones

Well heck, you don't have to spend £500 on headphones for that. Check out the NAD Viso HP50.

check head-fi

864.jpg

-snip-

well they are more qualified

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Says who? You don't need a qualification to recommend headphones my man.

bad wording i should have said I want to say specific.. but thats also not the right word

bad wording i should have said I want to say specific.. but thats also not the right word

"Full of shit" is probably the phraseology you were searching for.

"Full of shit" is probably the phraseology you were searching for.

no need for hate

no need for hate

Not sure how you made the jump to "hate" from that.