[Rant] After using Win8.1 for 1 Day. It screws up separate Win7 Install?

GuestForeverX
Pre-Text.To those who don't know I've tried giving windows 8.1 a really good try making it my primary OS about 4 times, but with crashes, not rebooting, and other problems, I would go back to Win 7. I wanted to play around with Visual Studio Express 2013 because of BarnNerd's Codegasm. However it wouldn't install on Win 7 Pro SP1 at all? So I installed Windows 8.1 and all the updates a week ago on my Other Hard Drive. Just got some time to mess around with visual studio so I booted into windows 8.1 today(dual boot with 7 default)   To those who don't know I've tried giving windows 8.1 a really good try making it my primary OS about 4 times, but with crashes, not rebooting, and other problems, I would go back to Win 7.

WOW Windows 8.1 REALLY GOOD JOB!

Took me 30 minutes to restart my computer into windows 7 after dealing with several problems?

Windows 7 works fine for Many MONTHS, I run windows 8.1 FOR 1 DAY and then I have problems. WTF? I even made sure to give It its own space on a Seperate Drive AND IT STILL manages to fuck everything up... WHY?    People still complain about the User Interface I actually like it, but the stability of Windows 8.1, on a modern "Windows 8.1 ready" Motherboard from the NUMBER 1 MOTHERBOARD Manufacturer(asus) with the latest STABLE BIOS.... and Drivers for my Chipset,Sata Ports, USB ports,Wireless network card, and graphics Card on Very Modern Hardware. The reason why I have problems is beyond Me! 

Computer Rig Components____________________________________________

AMD Fx-8320/ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0/Corsair H100i/8GiB Gskill 1866Mhz Ram/

GTX 660 3GiB Vram/ 1TB Hard drive (windows 7)/ 250gb Hard drive(windows 8)/

all Powered by a Corsair CX 600 Watt PSU

Anyone else have lots of problems with windows 8.1? A lot of my games run much worse too, though others tell their games run better?

Update: 

Also a new discovery after rebooting my computer. Apparently every single boot into windows 7 it has to check the disk before the login screen  0 bad sectors 0 errors. It now takes only 10 seconds to check the drive 0 bad sectors 0 errors....Why is it checking this Every time?  As i've been taught in troubleshooting...what has changed. What has changed I ask myself, It ran just fine last night, it run just fine this morning, I then booted into windows 8...Um Yeh Probably Windows 8.1's Fault.

Laptop Vs Desktop?

http://strawpoll.me/2392763   I'm Just curious & multiple choice is enabled.

Edited by GuestForeverX

My Gaming Bio thingy?  Anyhow I love co-op gaming so add me.   :) Skype/Origin/Uplay/Steam/Other -> "GuestForeverX"

Linux.

/thread.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I've had Windows 8 for over a year on my PC and surprisingly I have yet to see any issues

Life.exe is missing

I'm sticking on Windows 7, I know all the little tricks and shizzle with it.

I'm not going to learn a new navigation system anytime soon, just for Windows 8.1.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I have had 0 problems with windows 8.1(used since right after 8.1's release), reboots are fast(ssd's help) only a couple games didn't want to work the first time but the windows 7 compatibility mode actually works. Games run about the same or if there is a difference I have not noticed honestly.

OAS || AAS || LLS

Linux.

/thread.

Haha_no.gif

I'm sticking on Windows 7, I know all the little tricks and shizzle with it.

I'm not going to learn a new navigation system anytime soon, just for Windows 8.1.

If you ignore the metro UI it's basically a faster and cleaner version of Windows 7

Life.exe is missing

If you ignore the metro UI it's basically a faster and cleaner version of Windows 7

Isn't the Metro UI the whole point of Windows 8.1?

Windows 7 is good enough, I'm almost always on a decently powerful machine, so I'm fine with using a slightly slower OS.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

faster is debatable honestly. 

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

I have had 0 problems with windows 8.1(used since right after 8.1's release), reboots are fast(ssd's help) only a couple games didn't want to work the first time but the windows 7 compatibility mode actually works. Games run about the same or if there is a difference I have not noticed honestly.

Windows 7 Compatibility mode has never done anything for me. Anything I'm missing beyond right clicking a program and saying run this in compatibility mode for: Windows 7 ?

Also a new discovery after rebooting my computer. Apparently every single boot into windows 7 it has to check the disk before the login screen  0 bad sectors 0 errors. It now takes only 10 seconds to check the drive 0 bad sectors 0 errors....Why is it checking this Every time?  As i've been taught in troubleshooting...what has changed. What has changed I ask myself, It ran just fine last night, it run just fine this morning, I then booted into windows 8...Um Yeh Probably Windows 8.1's Fault.

My Gaming Bio thingy?  Anyhow I love co-op gaming so add me.   :) Skype/Origin/Uplay/Steam/Other -> "GuestForeverX"

Windows 7 Compatibility mode has never done anything for me. Anything I'm missing beyond right clicking a program and saying run this in compatibility mode for: Windows 7 ?

Having tried the compatibility mode in windows 7 it never worked for me, I have had a few games in steam that wouldn't work normally but when I told the exe to run in windows 7 compatibility mode they worked... I never thought I'd see the day were that feature worked.

It sounds like you have some sort of hardware issue, possibly with the hard drive that you are installing the 8.1 os to. Even if you disc scan and it says no errors drives can still have issues I've seen it where I work at, you could try partitioning a piece of your 1tb hd and see if you still have the issues when you install 8.1 there

OAS || AAS || LLS

This is not the operating system.

It's user error.

What did I do then? I set up windows 8 for dual boot, set windows 7 as default, set the timeout for 5 seconds.....a few days later I ran windows 8, restarted to go back to 7 and then I have problems? 

Having tried the compatibility mode in windows 7 it never worked for me, I have had a few games in steam that wouldn't work normally but when I told the exe to run in windows 7 compatibility mode they worked... I never thought I'd see the day were that feature worked.

It sounds like you have some sort of hardware issue, possibly with the hard drive that you are installing the 8.1 os to. Even if you disc scan and it says no errors drives can still have issues I've seen it where I work at, you could try partitioning a piece of your 1tb hd and see if you still have the issues when you install 8.1 there

Well I might try that in the future, but I gave windows 7 the full 1TB to put all my games on it so maybe on winter break since School starts in less than a week.

Laptop Vs Desktop?
http://strawpoll.me/2392763   I'm Just curious & multiple choice is enabled.

WINDOWS SERVER 2012 FOR THE WIN 

so... no i have not had issues

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler