EVGA Nvidia Gefroce GTX 750 Ti FTW Question

Hello there!

I am a week or two away from getting a brand new EVGA Nvidia Gefroce GTX 750 Ti FTW card (upgrade from Gigabyte Geforce 550 Ti 1GB) and I see that there is a PCI Express 6-pin connector.

Is this a must connect connector, or leave it not connected if I'm not making a overclock.

And what if I connected the connector but not overclock? Will anything get bottlenecked or will there be any difference?

Thanks!

Not all 750tis have a 6 spin, the reference card does not and takes all power from the PCI-e lane

But some of the factory OCd ones do need the 6 pin connected, 

Why would you not want to connect it?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'd just adapt two molexes into a 6-pin. What is there to lose?

It will come with a dual molex to 6-pin btw

Compatible with Windows 95

I don't believe it'll work xD But I could be wrong...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

When a graphics card has 6 or 8 pin power connectors they must be connected for the GPU to function. All of them must be connected to the correct connector (no 6 pin in a 8 pin plug). I don't know of any exceptions to this.

The 750 Ti will need the power, people really underestimate how much difference that "Ti" makes. I'm really impressed with my 650Ti, plus it's Kepler so doesn't cook like Fermi did. Also, Shadowplay.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

I think the 750 Ti from MSI does not have any power connector. You can try that if you really need to go that route. 

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.