Recommend me a reasonable budget headset......

chingpot

Hey,

Recently asked for mouse opinions, got some good responses, went for a g400s, bargain.

Can you guys recommend me a budget headset, i'm no audio head so to be honest anything is gonna sound good compared to my Philips HP250's i'm using now, which i'm sure are pants.

After over ear, decent gaming headset that can use to comfortably watch movies in bed with too.

Budget 30-50 quid

Ive seen Corsair Vengeance 1300's half price for 29.99 from 58quid or so, they seem like a decent deal and top of my list to far and reviews at full price sound promising so at 30quid seem a steal. Look smart too, I appreciate some uber audio heads will scoff at such minion products but that's the way it it

I play fps

any input appreciated

Thanks

Is the mic necessary?

Yea i think so, i'm not really a gaming talker but its probably handy for cs go

You'll never get the best bang for your buck if you buy a headset, I'm not sure what it is about attaching a microphone to headphones that makes the choices so rubbish.

However, if you are keen on having a microphone, I'd look at the Steel Series Sibera v2. Corsair Vengeance isn't bad for the money having said that.

I still believe people are better off with a good pair of headphones and a desk mic/mod mic though.

Plantronics Gamecom 780. It's about €60 here so it has to fall in that £50 budget.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

a little above your max budget, but from what i hear they would be REALLY worth it... also about 100$ cheaper than in the US right now -.- if it wasnt for amazons 50% off which puts it near the same amount..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Mobile/dp/B00JJNQG98/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408561781&sr=8-1&keywords=hyperx+cloud

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

You'll never get the best bang for your buck if you buy a headset, I'm not sure what it is about attaching a microphone to headphones that makes the choices so rubbish.

However, if you are keen on having a microphone, I'd look at the Steel Series Sibera v2. Corsair Vengeance isn't bad for the money having said that.

I still believe people are better off with a good pair of headphones and a desk mic/mod mic though.

on the list now, they look ok

ah mod mic looks a good solution

a little above your max budget, but from what i hear they would be REALLY worth it... also about 100$ cheaper than in the US right now -.- if it wasnt for amazons 50% off which puts it near the same amount..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Mobile/dp/B00JJNQG98/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408561781&sr=8-1&keywords=hyperx+cloud

nice, but slightly pricey

Superlux HD668b or HD681 EVO + Zalman ZM-MIC1 clip-on mic. The ultimate budget combo.

Good shout, like the look of these

thinking clip on mic would be better than built in

found the evo's for 21quid

nice!