Thoughts on my upcoming build

Toxic_Fuel

Hello. This is my first post here on the forums, but this seems like a great community!

So I need some thoughts about my first gaming PC build. Keep in mind that I am not going all out but I will still be spending about $800 or so. Here is my part list so far.

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 270 2GB

CPU: Intel Core i5 4570 @3.2 GHz

MOBO: MSI B85-G41 PC Mate

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB

PSU: Corsair CX500M Semi-Modular 

SSD: Crucial MX100 128GB (Will put Windows 8.1 and other programs on this)

SATA: Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA (For all my Steam games)

And finally, all of this will be going into a CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced case.

How does this build sound to you guys? I am very confident in it right now. I previously considered using the GTX 750 Ti but did some research and found that the R9 270 outperforms it.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k GPU: MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G PSU: Corsair CX500M Motherboard: ASRock B85 PRO4 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB SSD: Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Blue 1 TB

Idk how big your Steam library is, but mine is gonna need a second TB, maybe you'll want more storage?

Other than that, try for a better GPU but everything else looks fine.

Git Gud.

You should consider getting the 1 TB Seagate Barracuda. Its available for $55. For paying a little more you will get double the storage.

Well I am on a budget here, so I want to spend under $200 for the graphics card but still get good performance. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k GPU: MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G PSU: Corsair CX500M Motherboard: ASRock B85 PRO4 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB SSD: Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Blue 1 TB

Well I am on a budget here, so I want to spend under $200 for the graphics card but still get good performance. 

Pretty much got the best option under 200, though if you could up that a little there was a 280 from Sapphire for $210.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

800$ eh? you want to OC later, planning to upgrade later or just bang for the buck?

Here is your bang for the buck :

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($159.99 @ Micro Center) 
Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 270X 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($202.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $808.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-18 14:11 EDT-0400

800$ eh? you want to OC later, planning to upgrade later or just bang for the buck?

Reserved post for the config.

I mean I'm sure I'll upgrade sometime in the future but right now I don't really plan to overclock. That's why I am going with the i5 4570.

That's great, and I don't mean to be rude but I am here to just get thoughts on my current part list, as well as take suggestions on changing maybe one part or so, not change most of my build. The only reason I am going with a 500GB drive is because I have a friend that is getting it to me for free, and I don't have a very big Steam library as of right now. 500GB will be plenty for me at first, and if I need to upgrade later I definitely will. As for that build, that doesn't even include Windows 8.1 which is overpriced at about $100. I don't care for the case either.

Ok i came up with this :

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($159.99 @ Micro Center) 
Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB PCS+ Video Card  ($201.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $812.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-18 14:35 EDT-0400

Now u can remove the cost of the Windows 8.1 since you can download it from Microsoft and install it via USB trial for 30 days. (You may activate it later)

So what do you think as requested?

Edit : Still you can save a few bucks by downgrading that CPU though. It is more than enough for the GPU.

That's great, and I don't mean to be rude but I am here to just get thoughts on my current part list, as well as take suggestions on changing maybe one part or so, not change most of my build. The only reason I am going with a 500GB drive is because I have a friend that is getting it to me for free, and I don't have a very big Steam library as of right now. 500GB will be plenty for me at first, and if I need to upgrade later I definitely will. As for that build, that doesn't even include Windows 8.1 which is overpriced at about $100. I don't care for the case either.

Win7 is just as overpriced if you need to buy a new install disc. Just gotta bite the bullet on that one. (8.1 is the better one, too)

Git Gud.

The OEM version is more or less meant for manufacturers only. As you can see from the Amazon Page it does not allow change to a different motherboard. 

When I contacted Microsoft support about a student discount, I got a support guy who didn't even know that operating systems are traditionally installed by either CD or bootable USB. THE GUY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW.

The OEM version is the one you'll have to get for a new build unless you're upgrading an existing machine from Win7 to Win8/8.1. Microsoft guy didn't even know that.

Git Gud.

The OEM version is more or less meant for manufacturers only. As you can see from the Amazon Page it does not allow change to a different motherboard.

You gotta exause me :P i never used win 8 :)

anyways pretty much + - the Windows 8.1 that's the bang for the buck :) Hope you decide the best.