Is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier worth it?

Zeke

My friend wants me to buy it for co-op and I'm not really sure. I got bored after playing latest Splinter Cell in about 4 hours (coop as well), the game ranked 71 critics score (4.8 user score) on Metascore and the graphics don't look that appealing to me. Should I get it?

The game is $10 btw.

Ooooh right, it's 6-7AM in North America now, bad timing :/

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

For $10 why not.
I didn't mind the game, every mission for about 5mins was stealth, then I just said yolo and went loud.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

It's OK. When it was released it was completely broken but now is at least playable. OK you're into "Murica!" games. I passed.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

The game imo is polished and the campaign is great, but the multiplayer is probably dead on pc. I'm pretty sure it's a port too,

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

It's OK. When it was released it was completely broken but now is at least playable. OK you're into "Murica!" games. I passed.

Please tell me that Russians are the bad guys there, I've been laughing my ass off at that since CoD4 :D

The game imo is polished and the campaign is great, but the multiplayer is probably dead on pc. I'm pretty sure it's a port too,

You bet your right arm this is a port.

Please tell me that Russians are the bad guys there, I've been laughing my ass off at that since CoD4 :D

Why, of course the Russians are the bad guys! So are Africans and South Americans. We just need the Chinese and we can call this 'Murica VS The World'.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

yes, the game is great. I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

IMO it strikes a nice balance between high-tech-future-weaponry and realistic weapons.

OOh, also the gun custimization thing is cool and totally awesome if you're picky about your weapons. 

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

I had fun playing the campaign. I wouldn't buy it for 10$; I am a bit rough at what games I buy. The campaign is a bit short IMO and there not a lot of replay value. Considered I bought Skyrim for 5$, Far Cry 3 for 7.50$ which are longer games and have replay value.

Why of course the Russians are the bad guys! So are Africans and South Americans. We just need the Chinese and we can call this 'Murica VS The World'.

It's funny not to see Russians as bad guys, it's funny to see how they're portrayed with every "Russian" barely speaking his native language.

Have you seen this? It's a freaking comedy! (Also, guess who's gonna die)

yes, the game is great. I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

IMO it strikes a nice balance between high-tech-future-weaponry and realistic weapons.

OOh, also the gun custimization thing is cool and totally awesome if you're picky about your weapons. 

Why yes, I'm picky.

I had fun playing the campaign. I wouldn't buy it for 10$; I am a bit rough at what games I buy. The campaign is a bit short IMO and there not a lot of replay value. Considered I bought Skyrim for 5$, Far Cry 3 for 7.50$ which are longer games and have replay value.

I'm mostly gonna play it in coop with my friend, so I think that adds a but more value to the campaign.

Why yes, I'm picky.

I'm mostly gonna play it in coop with my friend, so I think that adds a but more value to the campaign.

I spent like 5-10 minutes before every mission perfecting a gun...then fail at using it for its intended purpose...

and co-op is a huge factor in the game. Bar one mission, a whole squad is with you.

afaik, co-op replaces one of the squad npc's with your friend, so it's general badassery

I didn't try the multiplayer/coop, but yes it will add value. I bought Splinter Cell Chaos Theory with my brother many, many years ago only to play the multiplayer together. Is the coop in Future Soldier let you play the whole campaign together ? If so, then it is worth 10$. :)

Okay, I think I'm gonna buy it. Thanks everyone!

I hope there are grenade launchers.

Okay, I think I'm gonna buy it. Thanks everyone!

I hope there are grenade launchers.

there's also a walking 4 legged tank that shoots guidable missiles and grenades and you can control it!

there's also a walking 4 legged tank that shoots guidable missiles and grenades and you can control it!

M5ToWsx.gif

SWEEEET!

I got it on a summer sale as well and I was surprised at how fun it was

it's a pretty lame port - like not being able to change settings unless you quit out all the way back to the main menu (my god that's infuriating since it's not well optimized)

but I was surprised at how well all the elements in concept actually played out in-game

- Stealth felt stealthy with the sync-shot system, and because of it's mechanics - you didn't need co-op, but I imagine it's more exciting/rewarding with human co-op (more follow up shots)

- AI teammates are actually useful and can take out enemies themselves

- Plenty of gadgets that give you the hi-tech tactical edge on the situation, but don't do the work for you.

- Cover system is great and fast paced

- Weapon customization isn't as deep as it seems from a glance, but still great

the campaign story is forgettable, but I think it's fully self-aware of that and only uses that to give just a tiny bit of exposition for the actual missions. The gameplay of the campaign is great imo - really varied and flexible on play styles. I really wish they would work/announce a sequel - I thoroughly enjoyed how the game really made you feel like a badass spec ops soldier, but still felt challenging throughout

I got it on a summer sale as well and I was surprised at how fun it was

it's a pretty lame port - like not being able to change settings unless you quit out all the way back to the main menu (my god that's infuriating since it's not well optimized)

but I was surprised at how well all the elements in concept actually played out in-game

- Stealth felt stealthy with the sync-shot system, and because of it's mechanics - you didn't need co-op, but I imagine it's more exciting/rewarding with human co-op (more follow up shots)

- AI teammates are actually useful and can take out enemies themselves

- Plenty of gadgets that give you the hi-tech tactical edge on the situation, but don't do the work for you.

- Cover system is great and fast paced

- Weapon customization isn't as deep as it seems from a glance, but still great

the campaign story is forgettable, but I think it's fully self-aware of that and only uses that to give just a tiny bit of exposition for the actual missions. The gameplay of the campaign is great imo - really varied and flexible on play styles. I really wish they would work/announce a sequel - I thoroughly enjoyed how the game really made you feel like a badass spec ops soldier, but still felt challenging throughout

Yeah, well I also got some extra value out of the main concept. The first label on an ammo crate made me laugh for a solid minute :D 

Campaign is surprisingly good, neither bothered playing multilayer though.