Question about ASUS VG248QE 144hz monitor with 32 FPS

thuwarakan

Hi,

So i am planning on getting a gtx 750 ti in order to play LoL. Would my gtx 750 ti be able to make the monitor effective for me? I also play a few fps games, one in particular has a fps limit at 32 fps (not sure why, its a very old game but addicting -_-), so would this 32 fps cap make playing on the 144hz monitor worse or would it help? I plan on buying a gtx 780 when the price drops a little so i can play games such as bf4 and hopefully black ops 3 when it comes out.

Please help me! Thank-you!

playing with a 32fps cap is going to look more or less the same on 60 or 144hz.

you should be able to reach around 144fps in LoL with a 750ti. so yes, you'll be able to effectively use the monitor on 144hz

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Hi,

So i am planning on getting a gtx 750 ti in order to play LoL. Would my gtx 750 ti be able to make the monitor effective for me? I also play a few fps games, one in particular has a fps limit at 32 fps (not sure why, its a very old game but addicting -_-), so would this 32 fps cap make playing on the 144hz monitor worse or would it help? I plan on buying a gtx 780 when the price drops a little so i can play games such as bf4 and hopefully black ops 3 when it comes out.

Welcome to Linus Tech Tips!

32 FPS will look the same on any monitor over 33Hz, however with league a 750 Ti is more then adequate and will likely allow you to get the most out of your 144Hz monitor for now :)

"Rawr XD"

I would rather get a 60 Hz monitor and get a decent graphics card, UNLESS you ONLY play LoL. How do people play only one game?  :huh:

Hi,

Black Ops 3...lol you sound like a console player. The 144Hz monitor is great, and I suck at comp CSGO on my 60Hz laptop. 

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.