games crashing on r9 290

MrWellsy

so i got a msi r9 290 yesterday, great toasty card but games are crashing, the temps are high (low 80's) but that's okay for this type of card? any ideas on how to fix this or to keep the card cooler?

Hello,
Temps are fine, low 80's under stress is ok for that card. You can't really do much to keep it cooler other than turning the fan speeds up, or putting a water block on it, or you could also underclock and undervolt but I doubt that's something anyone would be willing to do.

Which games are crashing? and are you using the latest stable drivers?

I've heard 290s just run really hot usually in the 90s but it shouldn't be causing games to crash, probably just a driver issue.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

Hello,

Temps are fine, low 80's under stress is ok for that card. You can't really do much to keep it cooler other than turning the fan speeds up, or putting a water block on it, or you could also underclock and undervolt but I doubt that's something anyone would be willing to do.

Which games are crashing? and are you using the latest stable drivers?

battlefield 4 crashes when alt tabing and sniper elite 3 randomly crashes but in the gaming evolved software  it says cannot detect drivers?

in the gaming evolved software  it says cannot detect drivers?

I'd reinstall your drivers and see how things are then.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I'd reinstall your drivers and see how things are then.

just trying that now

maybe run ddu first to completely wipe any nvidia/amd drivers

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

yeah reinstall the drivers.

i would say try 14.4, and not the Beta.

that's what i did, look good now, hasn't crashed yet!!

that's what i did, look good now, hasn't crashed yet!!

Sounds good fingers crossed lol :D

Sounds good fingers crossed lol :D

Yeah it's been fine, must have been then drivers, my first amd card so got to get used to the new stuff