Cherry MX Blues vs. Browns

JoshK

So I currently have the Black Widow with blues and as soon as Corsair releases their RGB K70 I am going to get it (CORSAIR RELEASE THIS KEYBOARD ALREADY). I absolutely love the blues and I have tried browns on the G710+ at best buy and I have found I personally dont like the non clickiness of them. I then tried Razers new black widow with their own mechanical switches. Man those were nice :P They were like a blue switch but not as loud and I loved them. I have never tried reds but would like to see what theyre like. So what should I go for? Im thinking about going for browns, but Im also thinking about getting O rings for my current blues to see if I can get the similar Razer key switch feel. Also I do know about Razers new RGB Black Widow, and I will say I am not interested because personally Razers black widow does not look good in any other color than green.

If you want a RGB keyboard with razer switches, Razer is making a RGB black widow

If you didn't like browns then you most likely are not going to like them now.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Ever considered trying out blues with dampeners? 

And reds are no click. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I made the switch to browns from blues because the noise. They the way I hammer keys makes it like they may as well be blues anyways. Its all personal preference really. The G710+ has o-rings so that might have effected your experience when you tried it at best buy.

I made the switch to browns from blues because the noise. They the way I hammer keys makes it like they may as well be blues anyways. Its all personal preference really. The G710+ has o-rings so that might have effected your experience when you tried it at best buy.

Me too. This may seem odd but I type fastest on flat metal keyboards like the apple ones. But it hurts. I tend to use them for papers and stuff if I have a lot to do, my networking room at college has a few of them. (They have iMacs with the label "expensive PC" as they are only used for windows) My fingertips are purple sometimes after a good 5 or more hours typing cause I pound it so hard. Especially the sides of my little fingers. But I can get more than 90 WPM when I get going. I can't do that on keyboards that my fingers are comfortable on. Need more practice I guess.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Me too. This may seem odd but I type fastest on flat metal keyboards like the apple ones. But it hurts. I tend to use them for papers and stuff if I have a lot to do, my networking room at college has a few of them. (They have iMacs with the label "expensive PC" as they are only used for windows) My fingertips are purple sometimes after a good 5 or more hours typing cause I pound it so hard. Especially the sides of my little fingers. But I can get more than 90 WPM when I get going. I can't do that con keyboards that my fingers are comfortable on. Need more practice I guess.

I think that would be because travel distance and they bottom out so much sooner but mechanical keyboards have finer control which why I suppose they're better for gaming (at least in the experience and opinion)

I think that would be because travel distance and they bottom out so much sooner but mechanical keyboards have finer control which why I suppose they're better for gaming (at least in the experience and opinion)

I think it's the way I slide across. I don't have to pick up  my finger far when I depress it. I don't really have a proper typing postiion.So I have to move my hands a lot as Don't use homerow .But I slam the keyboard. I usually get a "damn, jake!" when I get going. I think I might have even killed one. It stopped working and it wasn't while I was using it but it had to be me. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I think it's the way I slide across. I don't have to pick up  my finger far when I depress it. I don't really have a proper typing postiion.So I have to move my hands a lot as Don't use homerow .But I slam the keyboard. I usually get a "damn, jake!" when I get going. I think I might have even killed one. It stopped working and it wasn't while I was using it but it had to be me. 

That could also be why its faster. I kind of use an adapted homerow were my hands basically sit still on my wrist rest and my fingers just got nuts.

That could also be why its faster. I kind of use an adapted homerow were my hands basically sit still on my wrist rest and my fingers just got nuts.

Yah I need to practice that. 

muh specs 

All parts black

i would say get blues, my brown i dont really fell untill i go back to a membrane kb, adn i would like some stiffer keys as i smash my keys, i would say blues

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/