I miss BF Bad Company 2...

aduman

I've had so much fun with this game, so many memories... Battlefield 3 was OK, 4 is a disgrace, only played 7-8 hours at the time of launch and never played again.

BC2 had it all. destruction (which was satisfying and effective), teamwork (really made a difference), balance(was flawless), gunplay, suppression system (which was not even implemented back then), map design, DLCs (Vietnam was legendary at a price of 15$!)...

What are your opinions on this, do you agree with me? :)

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I completly agree with you on missing BC 2 so much. I think Battlefield 3 and 4 are awesome, too. But BC 2 was just something special and I simply played it so much more than BF 3 or BF 4.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

It's not like you can't play it anymore..

I know, usual reply to topics like this.. Of course you can still play it but it won't be the same. Hackers, less populated servers etc. Wish it was still going strong.

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I completly agree with you on missing BC 2 so much. I think Battlefield 3 and 4 are awesome, too. But BC 2 was just something special and I simply played it so much more than BF 3 or BF 4.

The game really had a unique feeling to it. :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

I especially enjoyed playing on a server where friendly fire was turned off, so when you shot friendly helicopters in the rear bottom with RPG's, they didn't explode but were rather pushed violently towards the ground, making a flip and crashing. Resulting in "suicide". I had some serious laughs haha, good times. :D

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Hated it!! BF 3 was miles better.

Yeah I liked BF3 too but it was nowhere near BC2.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I especially enjoyed playing on a server where friendly fire was turned off, so when you shot friendly helicopters in the rear bottom with RPG's, they didn't explode but were rather pushed violently towards the ground, making a flip and crashing. Resulting in "suicide". I had some serious laughs haha, good times. :D

I used to love crushing buildings on my friends. LOL :D

Never saw what made it so special...

DICE Isnt going to make another one till we all find out what made it good

Well I just made a list man. :) All of them are my opinions though! :)

You are right, community needs to let DICE know why so many of us used to love it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

BFBC2 was more hardcore than BF3, that's the reason i liked FPS games even further as i actually enjoyed it a lot better than BF3  :)

Bad Company and Bad company 2 were good and only a slight change from say BF2/2142 but with good interesting additions. Also the campaign was actually quite interesting because of the characters, which has to be a first for a BF game. I really dont like the direction they took with BF3. It felt either too small or too big and you either used vehicles or you didnt depending on the game type.

BFBC2 was more hardcore than BF3, that's the reason i liked FPS games even further as i actually enjoyed it a lot better than BF3 :)

Yeah this was the game that got me into BF style of FPS. Guys at DICE really outdid themselves on this one. Sadly nearly all of the guys who developed this game are not working in any BF project anymore... :(

Bad Company and Bad company 2 were good and only a slight change from say BF2/2142 but with good interesting additions. Also the campaign was actually quite interesting because of the characters, which has to be a first for a BF game. I really dont like the direction they took with BF3. It felt either too small or too big and you either used vehicles or you didnt depending on the game type.

I agree, BF3 was missing elegant map design and balance. On some maps powerful vehicles were only available on some flags which ruined the balance.

Btw, guys Rush game mode in BC2 was actually really good thanks to the map design. I've played Rush more than Conquest on this game. Rush is slowly fading with the newer titles.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Btw, guys Rush game mode in BC2 was actually really good thanks to the map design. I've played Rush more than Conquest on this game. Rush is slowly fading with the newer titles.

Rush was introduced with bad company due to "gold rush" which is probably why it was implemented well. I didnt like conquest on BF3 as it basically felt like if you wernt in a vehicle you wouldnt and couldnt do really much of anything.

I also remember playing the shit out of Bad Company (1) when it was only on the X360 (stupidest thing ever). I actuallu hooked my 360 up to my monitor just for that game because I didnt have a hd tv at the time.

Rush was introduced with bad company due to "gold rush" which is probably why it was implemented well. I didnt like conquest on BF3 as it basically felt like if you wernt in a vehicle you wouldnt and couldnt do really much of anything.

The game was so vehicle dependant.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The game was so vehicle dependant.

which in the past it was but wasnt. Yes vehicles helped but when you were outside one it's not like you were useless. Also the TDM in BF3 was totally them trying and failing to be COD.

which in the past it was but wasnt. Yes vehicles helped but when you were outside one it's not like you were useless. Also the TDM in BF3 was totally them trying and failing to be COD.

It was the outcome of them failing on conquest.

Spoiler

Spoiler

BF4 is the real thing, not as if I am going to get any support from the noobs who cant handle the child of the battlefield legacy.

Can handle BF3 and BFBC2 but cannot handle BF3+BFBC2.

if DICE atleast had 1 guy fo my level of competence in gameplay, they'd actually have support for the best experience sonly found in cusotm servers.

Official crap. Base assault should be everywhere not just carriers.

The disgrace is the consequence of being superior.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

BF4 is the real thing, not as if I am going to get any support from the noobs who cant handle the child of the battlefield legacy.

Can handle BF3 and BFBC2 but cannot handle BF3+BFBC2.

if DICE atleast had 1 guy fo my level of competence in gameplay, they'd actually have support for the best experience sonly found in cusotm servers.

Official crap. Base assault should be everywhere not just carriers.

The disgrace is the consequence of being superior.

I couldn't figure it out, what are you trying to say man?

Spoiler

Spoiler

I couldn't figure it out, what are you trying to say man?

If you cant figure why you cant figure it out, not gonna help.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Your previous post made no sense what so ever

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Was just asking what you meant, couldn't you just figure that out? There are so many nice people in this forum, why won't you just be one of them? Your post was really complicated.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Was just asking what you meant, couldn't you just figure that out? There are so many nice people in this forum, why won't you just be one of them? Your post was really complicated.

I'l be nice: I am going to re write it a little:

BF4 is the real thing, not as if I am going to get any support in this thread from the noobs who cant handle the child of the battlefield legacy(BF4).

Noobs can handle BF3 and BFBC2 but cannot handle BF4 (BF3+BFBC2).

if DICE atleast had 1 guy fo my level of competence in gameplay, they'd actually have support for the best experience sonly found in cusotm servers. Called mixedmodes (filters 1 skillers and n00bs, leaving place for a team that is full of squad orders and no one ever asks for ammo, not because its hopeless, but because they dont have to)

Official crap. Base assault should be everywhere not just carriers as in carrier assault (a game mode from naval strike BF4 DLC)

I'l be nice: I am going to re write it a little:

BF4 is the real thing, not as if I am going to get any support in this thread from the noobs who cant handle the child of the battlefield legacy(BF4).

Noobs can handle BF3 and BFBC2 but cannot handle BF4 (BF3+BFBC2).

if DICE atleast had 1 guy fo my level of competence in gameplay, they'd actually have support for the best experience sonly found in cusotm servers. Called mixedmodes (filters 1 skillers and n00bs, leaving place for a team that is full of squad orders and no one ever asks for ammo, not because its hopeless, but because they dont have to)

Official crap. Base assault should be everywhere not just carriers as in carrier assault (a game mode from naval strike BF4 DLC)

Thanks for your time man, I appreciate the re-write. If BF4 was BF3-BC2 mixup then I'd have enjoyed the shit out of that game but I only played for a few hours, tried it again and again... no luck. Believe me man I really tried to like this game but I couldn't. It's just missing so many things that are essential for BF experience. I mean there is no destruction at all compared to BC2.. Actually imo BF4 has no BC2 in it. Just a worse version of BF3.

Spoiler

Spoiler