PB278q cords (that come with the monitor)

dlf

I almost have enough for a new monitor, and I want it be the PB278q, curious what cords and what lengths they are that come with the monitor. Bought a 3ft displayport (dp on one end, minidp on the other), don't think that will be long enough, wondering if I should order (from monoprice) a 6ft or wait since the monitor comes with one (dp that is)

VGA, hdmi, dual link dvi, displayport

Actually not 100% sure on the VGA but I thought it came with it and I don't want to go digging in the basement to find out.

Checked website says it has VGA, not that it matters.

Displayport cable is roughly 5ft

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I almost have enough for a new monitor, and I want it be the PB278q, curious what cords and what lengths they are that come with the monitor. Bought a 3ft displayport (dp on one end, minidp on the other), don't think that will be long enough, wondering if I should order (from monoprice) a 6ft or wait since the monitor comes with one (dp that is)

Just a thought, there's an update to the ASUS PB278Q coming out pretty soon. This new model is called the PB278QR and it's said to have a couple of extras over the current model. I've already made a thread about it here » http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186625-popular-asus-pb278q-to-be-replaced-with-new-updated-model-the-pb278qr/ « which includes a link to the source of the refresh of this particular monitor.

You don't have to wait, it's something to think about. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Corrding to someone in that topic the r is only for Europe, think I'll just save enough (couple hundred more . . .) and order this from Newegg. Curious if anyone knows what DVI (cord/port) it comes with. Currently using an Acer x223w with DVI (don't know which), wondering if it's cord would be long enough for when I move this monitor (my Acer that is) to my left, and or weather the PB278q 's DVI would: A. Reach to where I want to place the Acer. B. Fit in it's DVI port along with my GPU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131468)

I'll be so bloody happy once VGA and DVI die :wub:, so we only have HDMI, displayport and what ever else eventually comes that doesn't have multiple connectors. Too much trouble.  :wacko: :angry:

Please let me know if yours arrives with any dead pixels. I've heard horror stories about this monitor, and it also uses PWM dimming.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8