Destiny beta characters will not carry over

BeardedCatZombie

http://m.egmnow.com/articles/news/bungie-confirms-that-destiny-beta-characters-will-not-carry-over-to-final-game/

So apparently all the hard work that you did in the beta you will have to do again because they are wiping all the characters but I mean what did you expect. Beta games almost never allow you to carry things over to the final game. They say it's because they have changed enough of the leveling that the beta characters would be in a weird place compared to the final game creation. If you are one of the people who is excited for Destiny I don't think you will really mind having to replay 5 missions over again though. Stoked for September 9!!!

Carrying them would have been stupid and give beta members advantages over those who didn't.

Carrying them would have been stupid and give beta members advantages over those who didn't.

I don't think it would have been unfair to give the beta players a little advantage if it had been just for people who pre ordered the game i mean they did pay earlier for the added time but then they opened it to everyone.

We've known this since the start of the beta, if not sooner. Unlike most "betas" now-a-days, Bungie does something that is actually close to what a beta really is.