Browser Madness ! - IE/Chrome/Firefox none works !

hayate adil
Go to solution Solved by hayate adil,

... last resort ... typos everywhere

Hey guys !

I am actually posting this question for my friend, but who cares ?

My friend owns a Vaio Ultrabook from 2012; Vaio F23M1E an has a few issues to troubleshoot with his 1000 euro laptop...

nr.1: The laptop responds really slow (we thought he had run out of RAM, but he only uses 2 GB at idle..) to inputs ; for example: changing focus from a window to another

nr2. [main issue] He keeps getiing redirected from every http website, however using https doesn't work, because his antivirus programm blocks access to https sites he would be redirected somewhere else from.

Chrome doesn't work, Firefox dies trying and Internet explorer has already given up... we know it is not a browser add-on and don't know what to do know.

please forgive the odd writing style.

Thank you in advance,

Hayate Adil

Maxthon cloud browser, try it

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

is there a lot of valuable data on this laptop? If not, you can try a clean install of windows

if there is, you can try to download a proper antivirus (IE not norton), but avast, AVG) on another computer and do a full scan

does the cpu run hot? how are the temps

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

This doesn't solve his problem and Maxthon browser is useless.

OK, I didn't really read the whole post.

But how is maxthon useless?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

To me, it seems like it might be a combo of the A/V for blocking HTTPS, and then 32 bit for slow system, with only 2GB at idle. I would double check that his OS is 64-bit, and not 32, as that still happens on occasion nowadays. As for A/V, I'd recommend going with the tried and true Avast!/Malwarebytes combo. Avast as a passive scanner, and Malwarebytes as an active. Both are free, and don't impact your system all that much at all. Avast! is relatively slow with scanning though, I've found, but it depends on the priority you give the scans

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

The temps are normal for a laptop and he is going to buy a cooling pad so temps shouldn't be a concern, hopefully the system will run a bit cooler and better.

F-Secure settings were not changed and I will have to ask whether he has updated the database yet, but I suppose yes.

And he considered a reinstall, but only as a loast resort.

My friend just decided to reinstall windows, thank you for your approach anyways.