All You Need to Know About Source 2

TOMPPIX

Yay!

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Grrr, I remember this Source Engine demo...

I knew it! HL3 was in development for a long time, but the reason for the delay, in my personal opinion, is because of issues with the story.

How can you even put a conclusion to that thing?

First of all, the HL games didn't really explain much, and we're just there to ride along.

With everyone else saying that HL might be the best series ever, this may have put a huge pressure on Valve devs to create something that will be remembered forever as one of the best games ever.

They're probably thinking about a great story that ends well unlike the ME series...it was good, good story, an outer space game but with no space combat!? not even in the finale!? OUTRAGE! At least KOTOR had a sequence of those. 

A lot of things to look out for:

Connection to Aperture - It was explained, now we need to see it!

TF connection? - :lol: maybe

G-man - why all the space time continuum thing? He actually might be from Stanley Parable :P

Alien planet? - Why not?

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Valve has booked their presence at Gamescon this month, hopefully they will show us some features of the engine there.

For now we can see that the SDK looks really good and we can see that it's not merely an upgrade of the existing source1, but apart from that we don't know really know anything about the new engine's capabilities.

Ergh. Seeing Hl3_imported made my skeptical... each HL game takes advantage of the new engine,

I hope Valve doesn't shove in some S2 features at the last minute that turn out half-assed.

Is honesty conceit? We're the next step in evolution. Through our Unity, the world will survive. Where is the conceit in that? - Super Mutant Lieutenant, Fallout (1997)