Which GPU?

JoshTBG
Go to solution Solved by 79wjd,

Hey Everybody,

I was just wondering which would be better I have a multi-monitor setup and wanting to build a gaming computer. I currently have 2 Displays and I’m look at buying a 3rd.

A. Asus GTX 780, DirectCU II, 3GB, Clocked at 889MHz for £359.74

B. EVGA GTX 760, 4GB Super clocked ACX for £228.91

C. ASUS GTX 770, 2GB DirectCU II for £229.99

Thanks,

JoshTBG

Is there a reason you're only considering Nvidia? 

And the 780 of course, assuming the budget allows it. 

Hey Everybody,

I was just wondering which would be better I have a multi-monitor setup and wanting to build a gaming computer. I currently have 2 Displays and I’m look at buying a 3rd.

Thanks,

JoshTBG

Hey Everybody,

Thanks,

JoshTBG

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The reason is I like the nvidia shield idea and Nvidia game stream seems cool.

780 for sure :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X

Because to totally has shield and game stream which the OP wants, right? NOPE.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah IK...

^^

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

He likes the Shield idea but he doesnt own one (I think)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

296185a8661cf5ca516eb8755386ec93a71e072b

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Hey Everybody,

Thanks,

JoshTBG

If you don't plan to use two graphics card anytime soon and you want your system's performance to last, the single most powerful GPU is always the way to go(if money allows it) So 780 it is.

Though keep in mind that all Nvidia Cards only support a maximum of 3 monitors, if you want to add any more monitors in the future, you should consider AMD Radeon Graphics, their eye-finity allows up to 6 monitors and in my opinion AMD implements multi monitors setup well and the equivalent of 780 card, R9 290X has 4GBs of vram which multi monitor set up takes a lot of.

XLOEXS ICase Corsair® Obsidian 250D | CPU Intel® Core™ i7 4790K | GPU NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX TITAN Black 6GB | Motherboard Asus Z97i-Plus | Memory 16GB Corsair® Dominator™ Platinum DDR3-2133 (2x8GB) | HDD 3TB Seagate® Barracuda™ XT | SSD 500GB Samsung® 840 EVO SSD | Cooling Swiftech Apogee Drive II CPU block/Pump Combo, Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240 + EKWB XTC CoolStream 140 Radiators, NoiseBlocker Black Silent Pro PLS 120mm X 2 + Corsair AF-140 Fans, Koolance TNK-501 Single 5.25in Bay Reservoir, Rev.1.1, Primochill Advance LRT Flexible PVC Tubing, Mayhems Pastel Mint Green Coolant | PSU Corsair® Professional Digital Series AX860 80+ Platinum Certified Modular Power Supply.

He likes the Shield idea but he doesnt own one (I think)

He wants the option available to him in case he want to use these features in the future. Completely legit reason.

Spoiler

296185a8661cf5ca516eb8755386ec93a71e072b

google-logo-874x288.png

Spoiler

google-logo-874x288.png

xD

XLOEXS ICase Corsair® Obsidian 250D | CPU Intel® Core™ i7 4790K | GPU NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX TITAN Black 6GB | Motherboard Asus Z97i-Plus | Memory 16GB Corsair® Dominator™ Platinum DDR3-2133 (2x8GB) | HDD 3TB Seagate® Barracuda™ XT | SSD 500GB Samsung® 840 EVO SSD | Cooling Swiftech Apogee Drive II CPU block/Pump Combo, Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240 + EKWB XTC CoolStream 140 Radiators, NoiseBlocker Black Silent Pro PLS 120mm X 2 + Corsair AF-140 Fans, Koolance TNK-501 Single 5.25in Bay Reservoir, Rev.1.1, Primochill Advance LRT Flexible PVC Tubing, Mayhems Pastel Mint Green Coolant | PSU Corsair® Professional Digital Series AX860 80+ Platinum Certified Modular Power Supply.

google-logo-874x288.png

> Because to totally has shield

I know what Nvidia shield is, but that sentence you typed made little sense.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I Think That Nvidia can have 3+1 screens

If you don't plan to use two graphics card anytime soon and you want your system's performance to last, the single most powerful GPU is always the way to go(if money allows it) So 780 it is.

Though keep in mind that all Nvidia Cards only support a maximum of 3 monitors, if you want to add any more monitors in the future, you should consider AMD Radeon Graphics, their eye-finity allows up to 6 monitors and in my opinion AMD implements multi monitors setup well and the equivalent of 780 card, R9 290X has 4GBs of vram which multi monitor set up takes a lot of.

I personally prefer to purchase top tier cards in order to have a relative "guarantee" of longevity. That's just me though... If budgetary considerations allow, go for the highest card you can afford and keep it for 2-4 years or so...

Cheera

i5 2500k+Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB HyperX Blu - 240GB PNY XLR8 - Sapphire Reference 7970 - P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 - OCZ ZX 850W

Unlike *some* people, I do not claim to be an expert computer guru.  When I make mistakes, I apologise and I own up to them.  Then, I continue to learn so that I may provide those in need with educated answers to the best of my ability.