Lenovo Y50 UHD with better GPU?

gigabyte

Well is there anywhere I can find a laptop like the Lenovo Y50 UHD but with like a 880M or a 880M SLI? (should be 4gb edition), feels like a 860m won't be enough for some mid game gaming.

Link:

https://m.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50-uhd/?sb=:000001C9:0001225D:

Sorry I'm on my phone but you got the name at the top.

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

No offense but who ever moved this should use their brain

No offense but who ever moved this should use their brain

where was it before? gpus? this is where it belongs. there is no higher model now, and it is unlikely they will add one later. you need to wait for the next generation model.

where was it before? gpus? this is where it belongs. there is no higher model now, and it is unlikely they will add one later. you need to wait for the next generation model.

mh, I could replace the 860M with a 880M tho right?

mh, I could replace the 860M with a 880M tho right?

not really, you could buy an 880m, but it may not work, I don't think the cooling would be sufficient, and it would void the warrenty; there may be ones with good enough cooling, but those wouldn't fit. it would also cost around $1000, so it is not worth it. it would be better to get a higher end laptop, 4k isn't useful on that size screen anyways, and it isn't 60hz.

not really, you could buy an 880m, but it may not work, I don't think the cooling would be sufficient, and it would void the warrenty; there may be ones with good enough cooling, but those wouldn't fit. it would also cost around $1000, so it is not worth it. it would be better to get a higher end laptop, 4k isn't useful on that size screen anyways, and it isn't 60hz.

Well okey, I need a gaming laptop as my desktop is fucking heavy and I have to take my car to bring is somewhere, I just need like a powerful 1080p computer I guess, is there anything except alienware that SLI's 880M?

Well okey, I need a gaming laptop as my desktop is fucking heavy and I have to take my car to bring is somewhere, I just need like a powerful 1080p computer I guess, is there anything except alienware that SLI's 880M?

go sager, they have good prices, and full customizeability http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=category_browse&selected_cat=12 thir top laptop can even house a 4960x (the full six core desktop cpu)

go sager, they have good prices, and full customizeability http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=category_browse&selected_cat=12 thir top laptop can even house a 4960x (the full six core desktop cpu)

Why the fuck is it 8gb GDDR5 on the 880M? <_<

its because some versions of it have 8gb ram... some have 4gb, some have 8gb.  it has 8gb ram so it can load more textures

its because some versions of it have 8gb ram... some have 4gb, some have 8gb.  it has 8gb ram so it can load more textures

So the ram on a laptop GPU isn't like a desktop GPU or wit <_<

Because for whatever reason, the only socketed 800-series mobile GPUs have double the VRAM (4GB 860M, 6GB 870M, 8GB 880M). It's pretty unlikely that the GPU is even capable of using that much VRAM, but adding memory is cheap, and they probably do it for marketing reasons. Still, at least you'd know that you have enough...

Anyway, like Nathaniel G was saying, you won't find a Lenovo Y50 with a better GPU because the chassis was designed to be thin, so the cooling for anything more powerful would be inadequate. Plus, I would imagine the GPU in that laptop is soldered to the motherboard.

Sager and Alienware are the only options I'm aware of that offer SLI'd 880Ms. Still, it's gonna be pretty damn expensive. Even if you go with Sager, it'll be like $2800.

its exactly the same, just like some 780s have 6gb ram, some 880ms have 8gb ram.

Well that's kinda stupid tbh as it's really cheap they should do it on regular GPU's too :P