Brown switches, blue LEDs.. where?

msh

Yesterday I made a topic asking for advice on a new mechanical keyboard. I kinda deciced to settle on the Corsair K70 especially after I've been trying it out (borrowed my neighbours)..

So I was ready to go ahead and order one for myself when I discovered, that the Silver edition of it with brown switches and Blue LEDs are no longer in production or stock anywhere here in Denmark.

Bummed about this I went ahead and started looking for another keyboard. I quickly discoverd the QPAD MK-80 but sigh.. This keyboard is the same story as the K70..

So right now I'm really out of ideas. What I would like is a mechanical keyboard with brown switches, preferably blue leds and media buttons for controlling audio levels - just like the K70 and MK-80 got.

I also looked at the Logitech G710+ and I'm considering it but I've had logitech stuff for the last couple of years and I haven't been happy with their gear for some time..

So any ideas?

The G710+ is great, but I would also wait for the K70 and K95 RGB.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

well the ducky shine 3, arguably the best keyboard does come with blue LED's and brown switches. 

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Unfortuanetly it seems like it's the same deal with the ducky.. Not in stock anywhere :|

Yeah the CM storm quickfire TK is probably a good compromise.. I considered that in the beginning and it has white LEDs.. I guess I can live with that :)

just wait another month or two for the new Corsair K70 non-RGB keyboards

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

If you get white LEDs, you can get these "covers" from Massdrop that change the color, still 6 days left to order a set of 135 for $16.99 + shipping.

One thing to be aware of if you go down this path is that the blue LED covers significantly dim the LED's brightness. I put some on my dads G710+ and with the covers on he has to have it at the highest brightness setting for it to look like it's at the lowest brightness setting when he's not using covers.

Well, one can assume they would do that since it's something in front of the LED and not on the LED itself.

I am part of the current Massdrop, so I can't say much more until I get mine, which will in fact be blue, so we'll see.

The reason I said that is because the other colours seem to not impede the brightness of the light as much as the blue ones do.