SLI Question

Guiltnazan
Go to solution Solved by KamiKatze,

Nope. Only same cards with same cards. The lower VRAM limits the SLI.

I'm new to building computer and was looking into SLI for my build using dual 780ti's but the 3gb vram has turned me away from this idea, instead i'll be getting a 6gb 780. My question is, would it be possible to SLI the 780ti and 6gb780 without issues and still have the increased vram of the 6gb 780 and better performance of 780ti?

Nope. Needs to be the same card.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Nope. Only same cards with same cards. The lower VRAM limits the SLI.

Nope. Needs to be the same card.

okay thanks

exact same GPU with same amount of VRAM

so GTX780 6GB with another GTX780 6GB only

nVidia have banned the use of GPU with different VRAM amount to SLi with the latest drivers

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.