PC/Laptop $400 [US]

ThatFatMan1911

Anyone know of a PC/Laptop in the US for $400-$500 that will run games like DayZ on high-med. settings? (Preferably laptop)?

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

You probably can't get a good enough laptop for that price.  If you built a desktop pc, would you need a monitor and other peripherals? 

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

You probably can't get a good enough laptop for that price.  If you built a desktop pc, would you need a monitor and other peripherals? 

Unfortunately. Which yes, I could build a high end PC tower for that price. But peripherals throw it off by another $500...

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

GAMING | LAPTOP | CHEAP

Pick 2.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Only way you would find one even close to that price is if it was used.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Unfortunately. Which yes, I could build a high end PC tower for that price. But peripherals throw it off by another $500...

you could get a 1080p and cheap mouse and keyboard for $100. That would leave  $400 for the build... Maybe you could do it if you got used parts, but if you spent $600-$700 in total(all the parts plus monitor, mouse, and keyboard), I'm sure you could play games like dayz at mostly medium-high settings

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

"High end"

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

you could get a 1080p and cheap mouse and keyboard for $100. That would leave  $400 for the build... Maybe you could do it if you got used parts, but if you spent $600-$700 in total(all the parts plus monitor, mouse, and keyboard), I'm sure you could play games like dayz at mostly medium-high settings

Meh nevermind. I might as well just stick to my PS4 anyway.

Really.....

You could build a low end PC tower for that price that would run modern games at medium to low settings, 1080p, 30-60 fps depending upon the game. 

Meh nevermind. I might as well just stick to my PS4 anyway.

You shouldn't have bought ps4 in the first place then you would have enough for a decent pc :P

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Excuse the weird image hosting and any possible missing parts. I'm tired.

http://tinypic.com/r/14x2djq/8

Total is $376.94 without peripherals.

You're not gonna game on it but with this mobo/cpu/cooler you can overclock. Bump it up to 4.0 GHz, that's a damn good $400 computer.

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

Asus k55n. (400$)
AMD a8-4500m
Radeon HD 7640g
4gb DDR3

I actually own this laptop and am able to play the games I want. Games like Bioshock: Infinite, Skyrim, and ASC4 are able to run at HIGH settings.
The one I have is here: http://www.amazon.com/Asus-16-Inch-Laptop-K55N-SA80403V-A8-4500M/dp/B00E25Y1PE

However, there are different models with lower prices to fit your budget.

Asus k55n. (400$)

AMD a8-4500m

Radeon HD 7640g

4gb DDR3

I actually own this laptop and am able to play the games I want. Games like Bioshock: Infinite, Skyrim, and ASC4 are able to run at HIGH settings.

The one I have is here: http://www.amazon.com/Asus-16-Inch-Laptop-K55N-SA80403V-A8-4500M/dp/B00E25Y1PE

However, there are different models with lower prices to fit your budget.

Are you able to play DayZ, Rust and games alike at high settings no lag?

Get one with a amd cpu, their integrated graphics are better than intel hd graphics.

Are you able to play DayZ, Rust and games alike at high settings no lag?

I've never played DayZ or Rust :3

However, if you do a quick search on YouTube you can find several performance test for different games.

Get one with a amd cpu, their integrated graphics are better than intel hd graphics.

Why not a APU?