How to change voltages for GPU oc'ing

Bensemus
Go to solution Solved by Face2Face,

Sadly at stock voltage my card can't handle more than a few seconds at those speeds :(

I can ad 75mV to the card

Okay good. You can safely add +75mv to your card without hurting it. If the card gets too hot, it will automatically throttle or create a fan profile so it doesn't. 

Im using an ASUS 780 ti directcu ii and MSI Afterburner. I unlocked the voltage control but I have never used it for oc'ing and am wondering how to utilize it without melting my card. I'v played around with 5mV changes but they don't show up in HWMonitor or Afterburner. Are the changes too small to be detected?  Another thing I was wondering was what the safe voltages are for a 24/7 oc and for benchmarking. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Just drag the wattage limit to 107% and put 130/200

130Mhz in core and 200 on memory

=

success

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

Im using an ASUS 780 ti directcu ii and MSI Afterburner. I unlocked the voltage control but I have never used it for oc'ing and am wondering how to utilize it without melting my card. I'v played around with 5mV changes but they don't show up in HWMonitor or Afterburner. Are the changes too small to be detected?  Another thing I was wondering was what the safe voltages are for a 24/7 oc and for benchmarking. 

How much can you add when unlocking voltage control? How many mv?

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

130Mhz in core and 200 on memory

=

success

Sadly at stock voltage my card can't handle more than a few seconds at those speeds :(

How much can you add when unlocking voltage control? How many mv?

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Okay good. You can safely add +75mv to your card without hurting it. If the card gets too hot, it will automatically throttle or create a fan profile so it doesn't. 

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

post-4438-0-69910800-1407432136.jpg

This is me. 100% stable.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

lol I added the 75mV and it oc'ed its self higher than what I had it at xD

I thought the voltage stuff was going to be more like a CPU.

laptop

attachicon.gifbandicam 2014-08-07 10-21-39-437.jpg

This is me. 100% stable.

I hope with this voltage bump I can get to those speeds

laptop

I hope with this voltage bump I can get to those speeds

With a DCUII card most of the time you can safely max out the power limit and core voltage because the cooler will always keep it below 70C

Then just overclock as much as possible :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

thanks for the help guys. Il come back to this after work and push it some more :)

laptop

http://gyazo.com/20dad92a52a03f99ecb8da1d1d315e16

That's my 780 dcuii

no overvolt or anything

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

I'm having trouble making the gpu run at the new voltage. When I first applied the new voltage it would run but now it just applies the core and mem oc and leaves the voltage at stock. Iv tried restarting the program and my comp. ant ideas?

laptop