Hiding your IP

TechBlitZ

Before I start, Torrenting software / files ect is not illegal, it's what you download that's illegal!

Internet freedom / safety / privacy is very important to alot of people, yet not many people do it!

What type of things do you guys use to hide your IP? Proxy servers? Software?

You might want to check out Logan's video about Internet Security.

I don't use anything personally, all the things I download is just small software for benchmarking and Steam games from Steam.

I don't use anything personally' date=' all the things I download is just small software for benchmarking and Steam games from Steam. [/quote']

Wow, that guy was quite informative. I always thought he was more of a gimic than informative ^.^

Thanks EChondo:)

Yeah, this mostly for "bad" countries where they "piss" on privacy. In other countries there is no need, for now. But personally I would go with TOR or VPN.

"Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys."

I'm pirate. U ban me Linus?

I don't use anything personally' date=' all the things I download is just small software for benchmarking and Steam games from Steam. [/quote'] Wow, that guy was quite informative. I always thought he was more of a gimic than informative ^.^ Thanks EChondo:)

Not a problem. I like Logan personally, he can be, weird, sometimes but most of the time he knows what he is talking about.

You should check out his "Tek" and "Inbox" videos, they(Logan and Windell) both talk about tech news and answer questions from the fans, it gets pretty interesting if you don't have a lot of time to go online during the week to look at new things. I believe they do one video of Tek and Inbox each week.

HotSpot Shield works well too

If you're serious, take a look at this: https://tails.boum.org/

if you're just hiding from someone or one site then use a simple TOR proxy.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Agreed, peerblock is probably the best software ive ever used.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Thanks guys ^.^ I've got a little list now, ill check them all out=)

• 4 months later...

Before I start, Torrenting software / files ect is not illegal, it's what you download that's illegal! Internet freedom / safety / privacy is very important to alot of people, yet not many people do it! What type of things do you guys use to hide your IP? Proxy servers? Software?

Hi use proxy server to hide my ip address from public.After hiding it i visit Ip-Details.com to check that whether my network ip is hid or not .

I use a VPN for most of my browsing but also for the much better netflix and hulu

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd