CPU cooling

Trademark Wahlberg

I have this problem with choosing a cpu cooler for my system. And before you comment about the Noctua NH-D series and the Cooler master EVO, i know they exist and maybe either one of them will be my choise. But i want to hear your opinions, because i don't' basically know anything about this stuff (besides the basics). Watercooling solution can be acceptable but i'm on a budget here so i can't afford more then 50-100 € (approx. 65-135 USD) Here's my setup:

CPU: Intel core i5 4670k

MOBO: AsRock Z87 PRO3

GPU:  MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury red 2x4GB

PSU: Corsair CX430W V2

SSD: Crucial 128GB M550

HDD: Seagate barracuda 1TB

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro

P.S. I have not bought any of this stuff yet, because i want to get all the parts listed first.

Thanks!

Its only game, why u heff to be mad?

I have this problem with choosing a cpu cooler for my system. And before you comment about the Noctua NH-D series and the Cooler master EVO, i know they exist and maybe either one of them will be my choise. But i want to hear your opinions, because i don't' basically know anything about this stuff (besides the basics). Watercooling solution can be acceptable but i'm on a budget here so i can't afford more then 50-100 € (approx. 65-135 USD) Here's my setup:

P.S. I have not bought any of this stuff yet, because i want to get all the parts listed first.

Thanks!

Corsair hydro series: http://www.corsair.com/en/hydro-series-h100i-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

Thanks!

i am using the xigmatek Dark knight II with my 3570k and can do a 4.5 overclock with stress testing reaching about 80c with ambient room temp of about 21.1c

You might want to look at NZXT Kraken series. X41 reaches about the same performance as an h100i with stock fans.

CPU: I7 4790 @ 4GHz /w Cooler Master Hyper 412S | MOBO: ASUS Z97 PRO | GPU: Gigabyte gtx 780 OC | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB @ 1866MHz | PSU: Corsair RM850 | SSD Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7000rpm | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | MONITOR: Samsung S24D300 | KEYBOARD: CMStorm Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G500s | MOUSE#2: Logitech M500| HEADSET: Logitech G230 | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z313 2.1  | Phone: Galaxy Note II

NZXT Kraken line or the Corsair Hydro line (H80i, H100i, or H110).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

i am using the xigmatek Dark knight II with my 3570k and can do a 4.5 overclock with stress testing reaching about 80c with ambient room temp of about 21.1c

and that cooler looks better than most other air coolers because it's black.

and that cooler looks better than most other air coolers because it's black.

only complaint is the fans are a bit of a pain to attach because they use rubber pieces that slide in between the fins

A Corsair H100i or NZXT Kraken would do a fine job for OCing but make sure you good enough space to mount it properly.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I would try Nzxt, getting real tired of the super noisy h100i. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Well good air cooling performs the same as AIO's (all in one water coolers), they are cheaper, more

Reliable and MILES quieter.

So yeah I would say get a NH-D15/D14 or U14s as your ram may be too high for them other 2.

However if you wish to watercool your GPU get an expandable AIO like the H220.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken NZXT Kraken 

Do it. Corsair coolers aren't bad but please for the love of god do not ever install Corsair Link. It is absolutely horrible. NZXT CAM is much much better. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I've got an Enthoo Pro and the H100i works great with the case. Not to mention it is one of the better coolers in your price range.

The Noctua or Nzxt series might do it for me, but what do you guys/girls think about the Cryorig R1 Ultimate?

The Noctua or Nzxt series might do it for me, but what do you guys/girls think about the Cryorig R1 Ultimate?

Inb4 never heard of it don't buy it mantra. 

Dude that cooler looks baller. Would go for it.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Inb4 never heard of it don't buy it mantra. 

Dude that cooler looks baller. Would go for it.

So you're suggesting it or telling me not to buy it? O.o And yeah thats pretty sick looking cooler

So you're suggesting it or telling me not to buy it? O.o And yeah thats pretty sick looking cooler

I'm telling you to buy it. Everybody else would probably disagree, cos they are bad. 

Buy it. It looks amazing and would perform pretty decently. 

Thanks!

Honestly for your budget range I'd suggest either a Corsair H100i or a Corsair H105. Honestly I'd go with the H100i just because I personally don't find much of a difference between the H100i and the H105. But hey what do I know? I run a custom watercooling loop so take my advice with a pinch of salt

Spoiler
  • CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
  • Motherboard:  MSI PRO B650M-A WiFi
  • RAM:  G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 Memory @ 6000MHz
  • Graphics:  Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Ultra W OC 8G-V
  • StorageKingston KC3000 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD; Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Disk Drive @ 7200rpm
  • PSU:  Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold
  • Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Keyboard: Cooler Master CK550 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/Gateron Red switches
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O- Wireless @ 1600dpi, 1000Hz
  • DAC: JDS Labs OL DAC
  • AMP: JDS Labs O2 AMP
  • Headphones: Hifiman HE-400I w/ZMF Ori Lambskin pads
  • Soundbar: Creative Sound BlasterX Katana
  • Monitor 1: BenQ EL2870U @ 3840 x 2160, 60Hz
  • Monitor 2ASUS Predator XB252Q @ 1920 x 1080, 240Hz
  • Monitor 3AOC G2460 PQU @ 1080 x 1920, 144Hz

Honestly for your budget range I'd suggest either a Corsair H100i or a Corsair H105. Honestly I'd go with the H100i just because I personally don't find much of a difference between the H100i and the H105. But hey what do I know? I run a custom watercooling loop so take my advice with a pinch of salt

H105 has a 38mm thick rad v H100i 27mm thick rad. 

Those two aio's are way too expensive for me, only retailers here in Finland are selling the over 120 euros, you see. I think i'll get the Cryorig air cooler because it's under 100 euros and performs like a champ. I might go for the Corsair aio's in the future tho.

H105 has a 38mm thick rad v H100i 27mm thick rad. 

I didn't see much difference in temps from people who have used either

Those two aio's are way too expensive for me, only retailers here in Finland are selling the over 120 euros, you see. I think i'll get the Cryorig air cooler because it's under 100 euros and performs like a champ. I might go for the Corsair aio's in the future tho.

Ah you are in Finland. In the US and Europe they are well under 120 euros

Spoiler
  • StorageKingston KC3000 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD; Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Disk Drive @ 7200rpm
  • Keyboard: Cooler Master CK550 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/Gateron Red switches

I didn't see much difference in temps from people who have used either

Ah you are in Finland. In the US and Europe they are well under 120 euros

Yeah, that is one of the downsides living here. Almost everything is overpriced, because of the shipments from US/Asia to here and the taxes. Taxes are everywhere!!

Yeah, that is one of the downsides living here. Almost everything is overpriced, because of the shipments from US/Asia to here and the taxes. Taxes are everywhere!!

Hardware stuff is actually fairly cheap where I live compared to other Asian countries but it's more expensive than US so...

Spoiler