What's the deal with that DSC sales pitch

So in ever Dollar Shave Club sponsored video Linus says something about going to the store, finding a sales person to unlock a cabinet with razors for you, something, something..

My brain goes: Whaaa...?

Are razors locked from the customers in Canada or US?

That would not be stupid. That would be retarded. Like srsly. I'm assuming they're packed in some sort of plastic anyway.

In my country (and I thought everywhere else) they just lie on the shelve, you know, accessible for a customer interested in a purchase like tomatoes or potatoes.

Only store that would put stuff on display but lock products so you have to call for staff if you want to buy would be electronics store, with cameras or TVs for example.

So they really lock stupid few dollars worth razors from you in like a Wallmart or Costco or wherever you happen to shop?

"Never trust anyone and rely on your instincts" - If you know who said it, you're awesome

What's the deal with airline food?

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

All the blades are locked in a cabinet because people can easily steal them and sell them on the black market(it exists).

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

they lock spray paint here.

and actually, a mcdonalds by my moms has bulletproof glass over the counter. the only way to get your food is though a little box where both doors cant be opened at the same time. so you can say we lock up our mcdonalds food to. 

Because razors can be used as a weapon, and therefor they don't accept it? Same in US, but in US they fucking allow people to have guns at home.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

All the blades are locked in a cabinet because people can easily steal them and sell them on the black market(it exists).

Black market for razors. rly?

they lock spray paint here.

and actually, a mcdonalds by my moms has bulletproof glass over the counter. the only way to get your food is though a little box where both doors cant be opened at the same time. so you can say we lock up our mcdonalds food to. 

You know you live in a ghetto when your local MCdonalds is so sick of being robbed it installs a bulletproof glass :D

"Never trust anyone and rely on your instincts" - If you know who said it, you're awesome

Black market for razors. rly?

You know you live in a ghetto when your local MCdonalds is so sick of being robbed it installs a bulletproof glass :D

Not really a "black market" but you can get really cheap razors at flea markets and online because they are stolen.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I thought it was strange as well. 

But here in sweden condoms are kept behind the counter for the same reason.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I thought it was strange as well. 

But here in sweden condoms are kept behind the counter for the same reason.

That makes no sense, in the US anyone can buy condoms and they can are just out on the shelf.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That makes no sense, in the US anyone can buy condoms and they can are just out on the shelf.

It's because kids kept stealing them. (Legal age is 15. And at that age it's embarrassing to ask for a pack of rubbers i guess)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It's because kids kept stealing them. (Legal age is 15. And at that age it's embarrassing to ask for a pack of rubbers i guess)

Yeah in the US it's against the law to prohibit anyone from buying condoms, can't even ask their age. Better to have them be safe than just trust the old "well its against the law so they wont do it" logic.

The shoppers next to me doesn't lock the razors. They have it in a case that dings when you open it. 

Yeah in the US it's against the law to prohibit anyone from buying condoms, can't even ask their age. Better to have them be safe than just trust the old "well its against the law so they wont do it" logic.

I should clarify one thing to the people that stumble into this thread though.

If you're over 18 and you sleep with a 15 year old in sweden it can be concidered rape. But if you're 17 there is some kind of loophole or something like that (but there is still a risk of it being ruled as rape)

Laws can be odd sometimes

I do love the naivety (If that's the wrong spelling i apologize) of the "It's against the law so they won't do it" logic...

I should clarify one thing to the people that stumble into this thread though.

If you're over 18 and you sleep with a 15 year old in sweden it can be concidered rape. But if you're 17 there is some kind of loophole or something like that (but there is still a risk of it being ruled as rape)

Laws can be odd sometimes

I do love the naivety (If that's the wrong spelling i apologize) of the "It's against the law so they won't do it" logic...

Indeed, cuz you know "hey bro, we can't rob that convenience store and rape the girl at the counter cuz its illegal" conversations happen.

In the US we have the same sort of laws about age, but it varies from state to state. if an 18 year old has sex with a 17 year old he's going to jail though.

Indeed, cuz you know "hey bro, we can't rob that convenience store and rape the girl at the counter cuz its illegal" conversations happen.

In the US we have the same sort of laws about age, but it varies from state to state. if an 18 year old has sex with a 17 year old he's going to jail though.

I always wondered, even if they were boyfriend and girlfriend since they were say 15, and she being slightly younger, would that be considered pedophilia the moment he turns 18...?

That is assuming the age of "adulthood" is 18 not 21.