[US] rosewill hive 550w 80+ bronze semi modular $49.99 after rebates

SAV1OUR

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Is Rosewill actually a good brand?

Apparently their PSUs are alright, but I would still get a EVGA or Seasonic PSU over them

Well, the EVGA 500W as seen here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438016 , is just a flat out better unit.  It received an 8.1/10 from Jonnyguru (first budget PSU to hit over 8.0).  The Rosewill PSU is fine and being semi modular is great, so for that it's worth it.  But if modular isn't important, the EVGA has 2 more amps on the 12V rail and is just a better quality unit.

I went with the CX500M when it was $35 after MIR for a friend's build and it's probably pretty similar in quality. It's $40 right now I believe. 

my past experience with the cx series is pretty sketchy but for the price they do well 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Is Rosewill actually a good brand?

They use a bunch of different OEMs, but the Hive series uses Sirtec as the OEM. I don't know much about them, but I'm sure you can find something out about them.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

my past experience with the cx series is pretty sketchy but for the price they do well 

I trust Corsair enough that the psu won't explode and their warranty support is very good so it'll probably work fine. At least I hope. 

I trust Corsair enough that the psu won't explode and their warranty support is very good so it'll probably work fine. At least I hope. 

Ya I had a CX500 randomly die while loading windows.  So ya....

I've had a Rosewill Capstone 750W Gold power supply for almost 2 years now and it's going like a champ.