Who thinks MSI Gaming brand is now better than ASUS ROG

MSI is more budget friendly, while ASUS provides a little more professionalism for the price.

I voted ASUS, look at my sig and you'll know why. :P

Also, the Maximus VII Hero is one of the best looking motherboards ever made in my opinion.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

I'm very interested and surprised to see that MSI is ahead in the poll, keep dem votes a'coming!

I personally dislike the aesthetic (yellow) of MSI's MPOWER boards but the gaming ones look sexy, and as for that new all black X99 board lord have mercy.

7fd40c85095f577b6da12f65233d6804.png

I'm very interested and surprised to see that MSI is ahead in the poll, keep dem votes a'coming!

I personally dislike the aesthetic (yellow) of MSI's MPOWER boards but the gaming ones look sexy, and as for that new all black X99 board lord have mercy.

I am not all that surprised. It is hard to defend the performance per dollar ratio of the ROG boards, they are not a great value, and there are a lot of value conscious members here. Not saying they are wrong for being value conscious...

Although I 100% agree that the new MSI X99S looks amazing. I still want to see what any ROG x99 boards look like, even if there is no way I could buy one without serious financial trauma. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

My body was not ready for this. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I am not all that surprised. It is hard to defend the performance per dollar ratio of the ROG boards, they are not a great value, and there are a lot of value conscious members here. Not saying they are wrong for being value conscious...

Although I 100% agree that the new MSI X99S looks amazing. I still want to see what any ROG x99 boards look like, even if there is no way I could buy one without serious financial trauma. 

MSI has more bang/buck in most scenarios, but there are people (including myself) who are not comfortable with the idea of having a motherboard that is not from ASUS, ASRock, or Gigabyte. I personally stick to the Asus "mainstream" boards. The yellow/gold theme may not be pretty, but it is fairly easy to work with.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

MSI has more bang/buck in most scenarios, but there are people (including myself) who are not comfortable with the idea of having a motherboard that is not from ASUS, ASRock, or Gigabyte. I personally stick to the Asus "mainstream" boards. The yellow/gold theme may not be pretty, but it is fairly easy to work with.

I agree that MSI offers a higher value with their Mobos than the ROG line does, However I know I would take an MSI board before an ASRock. Just my opinion though.

That said, I bought a ROG board :D

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I always had Asus Mobo since day one, then in 2010 I started to go on a AMD low-mid budget gaming system with a Black & Blue theme, I was doing some research on Mobo's and got on forums and that's when I first herd about (MSI) I was like who?  :huh: ...

Cuttin' story short, I got my first (MSI 990FXA-GD80) and I will say it's 4 years and it's a great Mobo never had an issue with it and it's very easy too update with (Live Update 5) I passed it on to my son.

I don't know to much on those Asus Mod GPU's, I do see and hear lots of people having issues here and there with them....

I now have my new build and went with Asus Rampage IV Black Edition.

I still would recommend MSI to a friend.  B)