Need help with designing Android app UI.

hey guys!

i'm making this android app and i've taken care of all the coding and everything but i'm facing a little problem with designing the UI.

the problem is that i don't know how do i make one and how do i link them together. help much appreciated.

You might want to post a bit more to get better responses from the community.

1. What is the app going to do?
  2. Who is your target audience? Is it for children? Seniors? etc...
  3. Do you plan to place advertisements in sections of the app?

I'm not a UI designer, but I think the above may help you a bit more.

Good luck.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

If you haven't created activities within your app, you probably haven't taken care of all the coding.

Android uses a component called activities to provide a UI for a specific page in your app. The layouts of activities are defined via XML and also have a corresponding class.

This is an enormous part of Android app development and learning to create efficient activities (along with adapters) is crucial to your app's performance. I suggest reading up on https://developer.android.com/guide/index.html before going any further.

If you haven't created activities within your app, you probably haven't taken care of all the coding.

Android uses a component called activities to provide a UI for a specific page in your app. The layouts of activities are defined via XML and also have a corresponding class.

Not exactly true. The current recommendation is to have as few Activities as possible and do your UI and interaction in seperated Fragments, which just like Activities have their own lifecycle, just being a single reusable component instead. Take for instance a ListView displaying specific data with specific interaction could be contained in a Fragment, which then could be reused multiple places in your application.

Also UI can be defined through XML or you can dynamically create objects by either inflating XML or creating your own instances. So you aren't bound to only do UI in XML.

I highly recommend doing one Activity, which then just controls where to display Fragments, as doing one Activity for every UI is not super flexible.