What are some things you've head people say/think about computers that drove you crazy?

Cokeman

A console could be better at gaming. Depends on the pc.

If it is built with any adequate amount of gaming in mind at all, it will be able to beat a next-gen console with no problem. Here:

He makes food enter my facehole. Of course I wouldn't.

FUCKING LOL FACEHOLE *rolls around lauging* the only way that could have been better is if you had somehow incorporated brain sauce.

My dad, who is one of those idiot old people that thinks age makes you right about everything, thinks that hooking up any gaming device (pc, console, whatever) will somehow damage any and every TV he owns. Which pisses me off because we just got a new 60 inch led tv. It's only 1080 @ 60hz, but goddamnit if I don't want to hook skyrim up to that badboy. Battlefield 4 (even with all it's problems) as well. He's just lucky that I don't have a wifi card on my pc, and I don't have an ethernet cable long enough to reach into the living room.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

People who thing they need an i7 for browsing the web.

People who compare a $500 windows laptop from 3 years ago to a $3000 iMac

People who think that games slow down computers due to being installed

People who buy $900 phones but still use a pentium 4 era rig

People who think that macs are the best for creative stuff.

People

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

>calling a tower a "hard drive"

>calling a tower a "CPU"

>thinking "CPU" is an abbreviation for "computer"

>"mechanical keyboards are a waste of money" yet they own a Deathstalker Ultimate (my brother)

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

people who think lag is only ping and fps

Fixed.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

very high graphics card? Must run crysis 3 in 4k on ultra

CPU:4790k MOBO:A CHEAP GIGABYTE Z97x-Sli RAM: G.SKILL 1333mhz 8gb GPU:MSI GTX 780 PSU:TT SMARTPOWER 750w Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 Cpu Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper T4
Phone: Samsung ativ S Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse: Razer Mamba Headset: Turtle Beach XP Seven
3 monitors FTW only use 1 for gaming though. #MLG

People who think that a Windows 8.1 with crappy pc specs will run better than a Windows 7 with great specs.

People who think that pc speeds increase with HDD storage -.-

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

I can't stand people who spend over 1k on watercooling and then doesnt overclock any of their components.

I can't stand people who judge how good a computer is based only on RAM.

In my country here of Viet Nam. Some guys who say CPU while what they actually mean is the whole PC case. Yeap  :rolleyes:

Spoiler

1) People who brag about how much hard drive storage they have and then tell their pc is good because of it.

2) GPU manufacturers selling crap gpu's with 4gb ram and saying they're good because of the amount of vram. (cough...r7 240...)

3) People saying that they are buying an Intel k-processor and not gonna overclock it.

I can't stand people who spend over 1k on watercooling and then doesnt overclock any of their components.

I can't stand people who judge how good a computer is based only on RAM.

Lol does turbo count as overclocking? I just haven't pushed mine past that since I can't afford to fry it.

When people think fps=ping

- my friend literally pointed at my fps counter (~65-70 fps) and went "lol your lag is so shit" I guess people here would know how I felt at that point

when people ask me "how can I make a game run faster on my laptop"

when my mum blames EVERYTHING on computers - " oh, 25gb of internet is used up, must be that online game you always play"

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Lol does turbo count as overclocking? I just haven't pushed mine past that since I can't afford to fry it.

Doesn't count really.

Doubt someone who couldn't afford frying a component would be able to spend thousands on liquid cooling  :P

Doesn't count really.

Doubt someone who couldn't afford frying a component would be able to spend thousands on liquid cooling  :P

Over time perhaps. I have a larkooler loop kit that I bought, probably gonna get some fittings and stuff at my local lowes to use because I don't like the flexible tubing. And they're waaaaaaay cheaper than the fittings you get elsewhere.

A console could be better at gaming. Depends on the pc.

J3HwNnm.gif

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

whenever i show off that i have an asus r9 280x direct cu ii gpu , the non-geeks say .."oooh how much GB is it?" ... it drives me crazy because they donot care abt the arctecture ,the board design and the innovative cooling system....  :(  i feel like stabbing them in their head

People who think more cores and/or higher GHz automatically = better performance. 

People who blame slow performance on their CPU when they're using a mechanical HDD.

My friend thought his xbox one was 4k ready. >_<

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

• 1 month later...

Maybe this comment will revive this thread...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!