4690k or 4790k

yeah, the $199 price tag is extremely compelling compared to the $270, especially with my job situation

What about selling your 8350? 

What about selling your 8350? 

solid idea, i was going to get the next AMD performance CPU anyways so why not, eBay?

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

4790k. you will never regret that decision

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

solid idea, i was going to get the next AMD performance CPU anyways so why not, eBay?

Well you'd be able to get 300$ from the cpu & board easily, do something fun with it :P A new case, upgrade your custom loop, bigger SSD, korean 1440p monitor, etc 

i vote for the i7 as well...anything that runs 4 threads or more will benefit from it and you'll never have that question in the back of your head of ''what if i would have an i7?''

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Well you'd be able to get 300$ from the cpu & board easily, do something fun with it :P A new case, upgrade your custom loop, bigger SSD, korean 1440p monitor, etc 

hopefully i can get that much, fingers crossed

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

i vote for the i7 as well...anything that runs 4 threads or more will benefit from it and you'll never have that question in the back of your head of ''what if i would have an i7?''

solid point, very solid

solid point, very solid

Get the i7. I have a 8350 with a sabertooth 990fx. I jus built a 4790k with a MSI Gaming 5 build. The i7 is fun to say the least.......
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Get the i7. I have a 8350 with a sabertooth 990fx. I jus built a 4790k with a MSI Gaming 5 build. The i7 is fun to say the least.......

Nice to know, in pretty set on the i7

Alright so I was at microcenter today to return something and my eye caught hold of clearance motherboards (open box). So I was looking and saw a Maximus VII Hero for $186. Then I saw a sign that said %30 off clearance. So after the math, the board only cost $128, so I just had to buy iit, it was too good of a deal. (Still has that new board smell too and came with all accessories. Whoop whoop.)

So my question is, whenever I get around to it, what shall I get the i5 or i7. If I like the performance enough, I'm going to make it my daily driver.

I game a lot and I do render videos.

Should I get the i7? Or maybe the i5 and have my 8350 do all my rendering?

What shall I do?

i7 4790k think of the future when buying it who knows next year you may need alot more threads to play games if not you still will have a beefy cpu.

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922

If you can afford the i7 for rendering, then its no brainer :)

i5 is not worth it for rendering basicly, but still you could render on it offcourse..

But its more a gaming chip.