Trying to find a case

===PCtyc00n===

I was looking on amazon the other day when i came across this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KQPSNDK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3JVD3TTFXAH7O&coliid=I25YCHQOOV16PZ

it looked pretty good[for the price] for what im using it for[a office server] but it is outdated with usb 2.0 and they are liquidating it.  Anyone know of a case thats close to the same design of this one[what i really liked about this one was the huge side fan 

thanks and i hope to hear back soon

clearly this is your first pc.... always with the pretty flashy lights....

in my opinion its ugly as hell 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

You seriously like that shit? Oh well. No, I have no suggestions more than, get a real good case. Fractal Design Define R4.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

I was looking on amazon the other day when i came across this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KQPSNDK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3JVD3TTFXAH7O&coliid=I25YCHQOOV16PZ

this is the coolest[non-modded] case I'd ever seen but it is outdated with usb 2.0 and they are liquidating it. Anyone know of a case thats close to the same design of this one[what i really liked about this one was the huge side fan

thanks and i hope to hear back soon

The NZXT Phantom I believe comes with one.

You seriously like that shit? Oh well. No, I have no suggestions more than, get a real good case. Fractal Design Define R4.

Fractal Design R4 chokes air...if he is looking for airflow a NZXT Phantom would be a better choice.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Fractal Design R4 chokes air...if he is looking for airflow a NZXT Phantom would be a better choice.

phantoms drive cages also choke air flow ideally the h440 would be a better choice 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

phantoms drive cages also choke air flow ideally the h440 would be a better choice 

This is true...however I would be guessing from the style of case he picked that he needs an optical bay...hahaha finally its nice to see someone on the same page as me.. :lol:

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Give the guy a break, seriously, some people like flashy light and that stuff, hell I remember when I bought my current case I was for flashy lights as well, and now I like minimalist cases. Probably in time he will change his mind in terms of his taste of cases. But if not, no problem at all, there's always gonna be "ugly" cases out there.

However I wouldn't recommend that case cause of the usb 2.0

Give the guy a break, seriously, some people like flashy light and that stuff, hell I remember when I bought my current case I was for flashy lights as well, and now I like minimalist cases. Probably in time he will change his mind in terms of his taste of cases. But if not, no problem at all, there's always gonna be "ugly" cases out there.

No but there are better functional cases out there with better airflow options.

Apprechiating lights -> assumes he's a noob

Redliquid~

Apprechiating lights -> assumes he's a noob

i have seen this time and time again, most people like the get flashy things with their pc because its the first time for them after time they will start hating it trust me happens with 90% of people 

Specs

i have seen this time and time again, most people like the get flashy things with their pc because its the first time for them after time they will start hating it trust me happens with 90% of people 

I got a R4 with a windwos just because i like to see the lights inside aswell as a backlit keyboard, had it for 4 months ish and i still like seeing it and all the components inside :-) 

Redliquid~

I think it's only worth $20.

I've been building pcs for 10 years u noob I just like all the LED fans in that one this is the case I'm currently using  [also the one I'm asking about is for an office server]

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Cosmos-II-Computer/dp/B00BCXF4JQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1406970244&sr=8-4&keywords=Cosmos+ultra+case

No but there are better functional cases out there with better airflow options.

Totally agree! Maybe he could find one with excellent airflow and some lights if he wants. And in about a year or two get tired of the lights and buy something different for upgrade or next build.

My point with the lights was that maybe it was a bit harsh from us to tell him his taste sucks. He sees a case, totally love it, join a forum and ask for info about it just to discover it is ugly and he has bad taste. Yes, it can be bad taste, but still a bit rude to tell him he likes shit. Just saying.

I've been building pcs for 10 years u noob I just like all the LED fans in that one this is the case I'm currently using  [also the one I'm asking about is for an office server]

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Cosmos-II-Computer/dp/B00BCXF4JQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1406970244&sr=8-4&keywords=Cosmos+ultra+case

has 12 posts > calls the person who as who has 7000 posts and been on the site for just under a year a n00b.... welp looks like your off to a good start... n00000000b

Specs

I've been building pcs for 10 years u noob I just like all the LED fans in that one this is the case I'm currently using [also the one I'm asking about is for an office server]

Honestly I would just youtube some reviews of the different cases you like...and use newegg to filter our your preferences till you find the perfect match.

Totally agree! Maybe he could find one with excellent airflow and some lights if he wants. And in about a year or two get tired of the lights and buy something different for upgrade or next build.

My point with the lights was that maybe it was a bit harsh from us to tell him his taste sucks. He sees a case, totally love it, join a forum and ask for info about it just to discover it is ugly and he has bad taste. Yes, it can be bad taste, but still a bit rude to tell him he likes shit. Just saying.

And I totally agree with you point for point on that last bit.

I just watched linus's vid on the ultimate video editing rig that case really caught my eye.  I looked it up on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Temjin-TJ04-EW-SST-TJ04B-Evolution-Computer/dp/B0078ZZ2FS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406973571&sr=8-2&keywords=silverstone+tj04e

but thats outta my budget for a case I dont spend more than  $80 EVER

anyway do you guys know of a case that has a similar hdd mounting system and space? 

thanks 

The silverstone KL04B was a reboot of the same chassis, just without the premium price tag and aluminium, so that is probably what you should look at.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I reckon the NZXT h440 (link: http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Technologies-Tower-Chassis-Cases/dp/B00I44EUAK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406974323&sr=8-2&keywords=nzxt+h440) Is a good case, it comes in red/black and white/black and a few other colour combinations.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I did this to. My first case phantom 410 in red. Now I hate it and want a nice case like SilverStone

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I just watched linus's vid on the ultimate video editing rig that case really caught my eye.  I looked it up on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Temjin-TJ04-EW-SST-TJ04B-Evolution-Computer/dp/B0078ZZ2FS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406973571&sr=8-2&keywords=silverstone+tj04e

but thats outta my budget for a case I dont spend more than  $80 EVER

anyway do you guys know of a case that has a similar hdd mounting system and space? 

thanks 

Well if your willing to spend 9 dollars more the phanteks enthoo pro will cover that.

Window Verison

Non-Window Verison

That is one of the best cases around and they are super easy to work with.

I think it's only worth $20.

just the fans are worth more than $20 -.-.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

just the fans are worth more than $20 -.-.

Nooo.. crappy fans are cheap and easy to come by. 

I had a sentry burton GS-6500.

More expensive than this case was, but it's fans were shit.

Dunno why I kept using it... but it was just plastic and yuck.

I had a computer.. and then I let FedEx ship it.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

made the same mistake. went for the flashy case with lots of fans and the flashy giant one. 100% regret my decision. got the apevia xtrooper. its quite a crappy case. anyway back on topic, i think getting a define r4 or h440 would be a better idea. even tho you'd have to spend more. its worth it