NB eloop droning noise?

kd1011

Anyone here actually running Noiseblocker eloops?

I'm considering changing from going with NF-F12s to eloops, are they really that fussy about making a drone noise in pull?

Even NB admit that they're not meant to be run in pull on a rad (at least without a shroud), but will they still drone with a restrictive intake with dust filter?

I plan to use them in a 900D, the front intake is pretty restrictive with a dust filter and cover, and the bottom intake has a dust filter that sits right next to the fans.

Threads about the droning:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=64824&start=30

http://www.overclock.net/t/1449360/nb-eloops-noise-when-in-a-pull-or-push-pull-configuration

I'm hoping they won't be fussy with intakes, as they're the same price as NF-F12s, and yet the performance for noise ratio does appear to be better (at least as per martin's tests). 

They would also look pretty fantastic running in push; unlike the noctuas, which I would hide in pull.

eloops are known for that issue, which is really sad considering they are actually better than nf-f12 noise/performance wise...

I have been running the Noisebocker original variant and the Phobya red version. With both I never had any problems regarding droning noises, however I have always been using low fpi rads for pull and less 1000rpm.

In push I could run them directly against a hdd cage at 1800 rpm, no droning, so you should be fine.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I have two E-loops behind some Silverstone intake filters on a 240mm radiator on my Prodigy, no drone that i can hear and i sit around 30cm away from the PC.

Thanks for that, that's exactly like the intake the lower intake on the 900D, so I shouldn't have any problems there.

eloops are known for that issue, which is really sad considering they are actually better than nf-f12 noise/performance wise...

I have been running the Noisebocker original variant and the Phobya red version. With both I never had any problems regarding droning noises, however I have always been using low fpi rads for pull and less 1000rpm.

In push I could run them directly against a hdd cage at 1800 rpm, no droning, so you should be fine.

Good to know that they can work well as rad fans, because I am using these for a low FPI rad (XSPC RX480 V3), with the aim of quiet >1000 RPM cooling. I've seen people say that they're meant to be case fans only, but lots of people say they are the next best things to gentle typhoons for radiators.

I think i might use Noctua NF-F12s for the front intakes though, given that they're so restricted on the 900D.  The focused flow design should help direct air into the case, too.

*snip*

In most cases the 'droning' noise with the E-loop only occurs when the fan blades are making light physical contact with whatever object their mounted to. This is hardly always the case so they should work fine unless the fan blades are making contact with something.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.