Fuse blown, PC wont start

El Bejelando

I came home after a trip which lasted 3-4 weeks. I had plugged out my PC from the wall. I came back and turned on my PC, screen, lights, lavalamp, etc. and after 5 mins while the PC was at idle, the fuse blows. I check the fusebox and turn the power back on. Everything works except for the desktop. I tried a different outlet on the other side of the house, doesnt work. I mean there is no power, so I cant short the PSU or turn it on via the mobo switch. The PC is dead.

I was not using a lot of power. I've pushed it much harder when overclocking etc.., so it wasnt using a lot of watts.

Whats up?

PSU: Corsair AX760

Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Gene

These arent bad components, so I dont know what went wrong. Should I try my components in one of my friends PCs?

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

Try a different psu.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

I came home after a trip which lasted 3-4 weeks. I had plugged out my PC from the wall. I came back and turned on my PC, screen, lights, lavalamp, etc. and after 5 mins while the PC was at idle, the fuse blows. I check the fusebox and turn the power back on. Everything works except for the desktop. I tried a different outlet on the other side of the house, doesnt work. I mean there is no power, so I cant short the PSU or turn it on via the mobo switch. The PC is dead.

I was not using a lot of power. I've pushed it much harder when overclocking etc.., so it wasnt using a lot of watts.

Whats up?

PSU: Corsair AX760

Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Gene

These arent bad components, so I dont know what went wrong. Should I try my components in one of my friends PCs?

Check the fuse in the cable. Try resetting your BIOS/UEFI

also PSUs have inbuilt fuse's if its blown you need a new PSU. but as above check the cable.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Check the fuse in the cable. Try resetting your BIOS/UEFI

How do I check the fuse in the PSU?

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

How do I check the fuse in the PSU?

Power supplies are not serviceable. Dont open it. Its more dangerous than it is worth. Serious burns/death.

Do you have fused plugs in norway? In the UK all (most) eletronic plugs have fuses in them.

image010.jpg

Power supplies are not serviceable. Dont open it. Its more dangerous than it is worth. Serious burns/death.

Do you have fused plugs in norway? In the UK all (most) eletronic plugs have fuses in them.

image010.jpg

It isnt any of the sockets

ive tried others, and my screen is plugged in right next to it and it works fine

It isnt any of the sockets

ive tried others, and my screen is plugged in right next to it and it works fine

I guess its probably your PSU that has died then.

Do a paper clip test on your PSU.

Also don't overload the circuit in your house. If it tripped it tripped for a reason.

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

Try turning your psu off and back on from the switch.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Like someone above said, do the paperclip test on your PSU.
Unplug everything from your PSU (mobo, GPU, HDD, ECT.) and UNPLUG IT.
After that, flick the switch on the back into the OFF position and grab a paperclip.
Grab the 24pin connector and look for the one green wire.
On either side of that green wire there will be a black wire, either one will work.
Now use the paperclip to bridge the connection from the green wire to one of the black wires.

Put the 24 pin down, plug the power back in and flick the switch on.

if the fan spins up and then shuts down, or doesnt spin at all, the PSU is dead.

If the fan spins up and stays on, you are looking at another part. Likely the motherboard.
Make sure when you take the paperclip out, the PSU is off.

(I do not take responsibility for you if you fuck this up and hurt yourself. <3)

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!