General Inquiry about 2600K

So my motherboard had a bitch fit, and doesnt work.

I tested the CPU in my older motherboard , made a system of laid out parts quickly and the CPU itself is fine after a few hours of testing.

I'm planning however on moving to the Z97 & 1150 Socket so I figure now is the time..

Regardless of my new parts, I still would have this older yet powerhouse 2600K.

How much would be reasonable to sell it for?

It's years old, a good performer & quite a good OC'er,.. Not that it was Maxed its entire life

(Stable Runs @ 4.9Ghz on Hyper 212 under 85*c<-my rule of thumb)

Although It's not run like that all the time, usually @ 4.0Ghz for Summer, 4.5Ghz for Winter.

All that considered... what would you pay for such a second hand chip?

All answers appreciated and thankyou.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Now that you've just told me it's spent years hot and clocked to the balls, nothing lol

Although It's not run like that all the time, usually @ 4.0Ghz for Summer, 4.5Ghz for Winter.

^he added this after my comment^

Sandy bridges are beasts at overclocking. I kind of want one. Use that thing till it dies, man, because Intel outdid themselves on it. Slick still uses his.

Now that you've just told me it's spent years hot and clocked to the balls, nothing lol

I'd probably buy it.

Don't upgrade... You won't get the value out of it.

Also, your games won't see much of a boost from getting a 1150.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Don't upgrade... You won't get the value out of it.

Also, your games won't see much of a boost from getting a 1150.

It's not just about Gaming ability.

My HDD setups are all being reconfigured and changed, making the best of the new upgrade with a newer board for newer technologies I currently do not have access to with a Z68/Z77 board.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

My HDD setups are all being reconfigured and changed, making the best of the new upgrade with a newer board for newer technologies.

Fair enough.

Unfortunately, you might see $100 at most out of the chip?

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

My HDD setups are all being reconfigured and changed, making the best of the new upgrade with a newer board for newer technologies I currently do not have access to with a Z68/Z77 board.

I'll give you $40 for it! JK, I'm broke as shit.

Would that include Sata III?

I'll give you $40 for it! JK, I'm broke as shit.

I'll give you $40 for it. Or you could put it up for auction on eBay, even though it's been clocked the hell out of for a couple years, it sounds like it still works fine. You'd be surprised at the amount of poor geeks like me who would buy that off you for way more than $40. I have never built an intel rig, but I would like to try it out at some point. not practical for me to do it now though, because I'm going to be travelling for a really long time...

Would that include Sata III?

I'll give you $40 for it. Or you could put it up for auction on eBay, even though it's been clocked the hell out of for a couple years, it sounds like it still works fine. You'd be surprised at the amount of poor geeks like me who would buy that off you for way more than $40. I have never built an intel rig, but I would like to try it out at some point. not practical for me to do it now though, because I'm going to be travelling for a really long time...

The board I was using had Sata3 also, but not M.2 SSD support, there are a few other features I like too, and while the 2600K is still beast I'd like even more single core performance the haswell counterpart brings.

I figure I'm gunna put this on Ebay tonight and see how it goes over the 7 days I allocate it, figured I'd get some responses here first before I did.

Thanks for all your replies.

Holy shit, 2600k is the best i7 excluding LGA 2011.

CPU: Intel Devil's Canyon i7 4790k | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 (will get 880) | MoBo: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | Keyboard: Razer Anansi | Drives: SanDisk 120GB SSD, 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM HDD

It's a bit old CPU, just a bit though. And seeing it is a good overclocker, maybe around 100€ - 180€. Seeing as 2600K year or two ago was a bit over 300€ as new. I'd pay 150€ at the absolute maximum, but you could maybe be able to squeeze 200€ out of it. I don't know how much would be a good price tag in Australian dollars though...

Or just overclock it until it hertz? :D

Some people would like to buy it here, so if you're selling it somewhere, maybe try the Classifieds -section first? ATM there's one i5 2500K for 120$ (I assume it's USD) so maybe 150$ would be a good price for i7 2600K?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.