Best Way To Start a PC Business?

OfficialJsP

So i am wanting to start a little business building PCs but i am not to sure how to go about doing this my thought was i just start building cheap gaming rigs to start off eventually i would work my way up and i would sell them on ebay to start with do you guys have any thought or ideas of any other ways i could do this? thanks

1. Start with your friends

2. Have your friends tell their friends 

3. Start selling on craigslist and ebay

Get experienced with customer support, understand what they want.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Unless you have ALOT of experience with building PC's, don't even try. I'm talking 10+ years

there is too much risk involved with building and selling fragile machines, because if one piece gets broken it could cost you thousands of dollars.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Only do it part time to begin with. That way you will still have a steady source of income then you can quite that job should your business endeavor succeed. 

So i am wanting to start a little business building PCs but i am not to sure how to go about doing this my thought was i just start building cheap gaming rigs to start off eventually i would work my way up and i would sell them on ebay to start with do you guys have any thought or ideas of any other ways i could do this? thanks

start small & gradually grow.

help friends, potentially work part-time with an electronics store that not only re-sells hardware/electronics but pre/custom-built systems

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

1) It will not happen.

Linus has talked about how difficult this kind of business is since you make so little margin off the PC. There already are thousand of people doing this exact thing, and most of them better than you. I can assure you that you will lose money if you try to do this as a business. You should do it as a hobby first, and only if you can afford to in the first place. People who do this do it because they enjoy building PCs, not because they enjoy $50 margin they make by selling a PC they just built.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

ebay

nnnnnnnooooooooo

also be sure to not offer complimentary support or any of the shit like that.

the most support you should do is RMAing and reinstalling broken things if they break, but that shouldn't happen if you buy them quality things.

also this is painfully difficult and you probably won't want to do this or give anyone your address

Error: 410