motherboard

the 4770k has had issues with some of the interface material and can cause the cpu to run significantly hotter which ruins your ability to over clock. i wish i had gone with the 4790k myself but i couldnt

...and for me i'm happy with the 4770K as my chip run's at 4.3ghz with only 1.19v on the core and for my use (mostly gaming) the performance at those settings are beyond what i was hoping for so overall i'm happy...but yeah the 4790K is better for overclockers.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

my 4770k doesnt even like the 4.0 gig the OCgeene likes to put on it

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

just wondering..... where abouts are you located candlestick? i would guess by the name probably sanfran but i dont like to assume

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

ok just see everything having a 4770 in it im goign through and doing another build ill post it and can let me know what you guys think?

my 4770k doesnt even like the 4.0 gig the OCgeene likes to put on it

OCgenie isnt a genie by any means it applies so much unnecceseray voltages...theres nothing like a manualy dialed overclock!

Do you want a link to a good tutorial that use an msi click bios?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

ok just see everything having a 4770 in it im goign through and doing another build ill post it and can let me know what you guys think?

sure, go ahead!

im in wisconsin lol thats ben my gamer tag for the longest time and it fits im a 6 foot 3 red headed bodybuilder and when i got the name i was a twig

you know if you were a bit patient you could wait a few months till the new boards and such come out.

yeah if you have that msi overclocking tutorial id love to have it.

you know if you were a bit patient you could wait a few months till the new boards and such come out.

broadwell is only a die shrink it's not a new architecture so performance will most likely be very similar to the haswell refresh...power consumption should be improved but not much in terms of performance...i highly doubt it's worth the wait!

Skylake will be something else but this is only in over a year time...

yeah if you have that msi overclocking tutorial id love to have it.

There you go...Prokon used the 4770K and an MSI Mpower board but the bios is exactly the same only it's yellow instead of the gaming red...follow this and take your time and you'll get a great overclock at low adaptative voltages...worked wonderfuly with mine.

For stress testing you don't have to run 24hrs testing but about an hour with intel extreme tunning utility and then i throw some cinebench pass and play games...just a suggestion, if you have a lot of time you could let it run overnight i guess..

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

Also if your motherboard bios is version 1.3 or newer you don't have to flash it as anything since 1.3 as shown no stability improvements...

thnx. i think the main reason id like to try the new line of boards is for the DDR4 memory. however im not a fan of buying into first run of a new tech nology but hey with 7k to spend he could afford it lol

thnx. i think the main reason id like to try the new line of boards is for the DDR4 memory. however im not a fan of buying into first run of a new tech nology but hey with 7k to spend he could afford it lol

yeah DDR4 will launch with haswell-E CPU's wich are the 6 and 8 cores chips and the X99 chipset...all that stuff will be ridiculously overpriced at launch though...and for gaming you don't need such a CPU...a 4770K is honestly PLENTY even at stock.

yeah the 8cores lol

yeah the 8cores lol

quad-core with hyper-threading are plenty for any games really and will most likely be for at least the next 2 or 3 years...maybe even more...directX12 and low-level hardware access API will remove the need for such strong CPU's, at least for gaming...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CFTKK8

i know it still over the top let me know please if it a good build ?

it is a good build but the motherboard is a Z87 chipset board so you will need to have a non-refresh haswell chip in hands to perform a bios update for it to support the 4790K...

Also you will need a cpu cooling solution if you want to overclock the 4790K...

Also about colour scheme i don't know why you would want a green themed motherboard with red GPU's...i guess you where looking at building an nvidia themed machine? if so, i could help with that.

It is also indeed very overpriced for what it is...motherboard won't affect performance it's all about looks and features..

If you're only gaming 8GB is plenty as no games uses more than 5GB and this is including the OS and all the shit running in the background...if you do a lot of multi-tasking and video and photo editing stuff then it could be justified.

yeah i like green but i would love to have black and silver if i need to do water blocks for that i will but i like your 2k build alot i would just get 16Gb of RAM and a bigger SSD

im getting my build money in next month and wanna start looking around i dont need a key board, mouse or headphones but i would like a 3 moniter display but i wanna find a good moniter and take the bezels off and mont them on a wall. but i would love to have black, silver and accents of electric blue or green perferably blue thow

yeah i like green but i would love to have black and silver if i need to do water blocks for that i will but i like your 2k build alot i would just get 16Gb of RAM and a bigger SSD

yeah the MSI boards are awesome and the Gaming 7 has plenty of very nice gaming features...the BIOS is also a lot better than the gigabyte boards and much more user friendly especialy in regards to fan controls i can only recommend them.

If you wan't to go over the top as it seems to be an habit with you :P they even offer the Gaming 9 wich is a beast...litteraly

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-z97-gaming-9-ac-motherboard-review,1.html

it is a good build but the motherboard is a Z87 chipset board so you will need to have a non-refresh haswell chip in hands to perform a bios update for it to support the 4790K...

Also you will need a cpu cooling solution if you want to overclock the 4790K...

Also about colour scheme i don't know why you would want a green themed motherboard with red GPU's...i guess you where looking at building an nvidia themed machine? if so, i could help with that.

It is also indeed very overpriced for what it is...motherboard won't affect performance it's all about looks and features..

If you're only gaming 8GB is plenty as no games uses more than 5GB and this is including the OS and all the shit running in the background...if you do a lot of multi-tasking and video and photo editing stuff then it could be justified

and i let my girlfriend do her photography on my pc right now

could you do a build for me that has room for upgrades if wanted with those colors?

wow that mother board look super nice i might do that

could you do a build for me that has room for upgrades if wanted with those colors?

wow that mother board look super nice i might do that

wich colors? silver black and green ?

well now that you just showed me that mother board lol now im confused again.... but yes black and silver are my fav combo. but i do really like that i might do black corsair ram and thermo paint the mother board blue were the red is

well now that you just showed me that mother board lol now im confused again.... but yes black and silver are my fav combo. but i do really like that i might do black corsair ram and thermo paint the mother board blue were the red is

you can use plati dip to change the color of the VRM heatsinks on the MSI board is has been seen already and it work greats as you can see they used quality hardware that allows you to unscrew them and take them appart for painting.