amazon, u trollin?

amazon, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING me ******* ***hole. One of the several reasons why we bought a new mobo was the 6Gb/s S-ATA port. Guess what, amazon trolled me!

Edit; maybe hwinfo is trolling cuz it says the chipset is a78 but its a88

post-83577-0-23527500-1406581730.png

return it?

I don't get it...

listing says its sata 3 (6gb/s) but the drives show they are connected to sata 2 (3gb/s)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Those boards do have SATA III I believe.

i'm a potato

Those boards do have SATA III I believe.

yeah but hwinfo64 says these ports are runninf 3Gb not 6Gb

drop it on the ground and then tell them it was DOA

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

I don't get it...

you need to fullscreen the picture

Are those SSD's?

you need to fullscreen the picture

yes. I was stupid. :P

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

yeah but hwinfo64 says these ports are runninf 3Gb not 6Gb

check the mobos manual some times the boards have sata 2 and sata 3 ports and are usually labeled 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Are those SSD's?

nope, but we already ordered one.....

or wait does this little shit board run 3Gb becausei have a richland cpu not kaveri or how its called....its stupid enough that the pcie runs at 2.0 instead of 3.0

Do the hard drives support SATA III (6 Gbps)? If the drives are only SATA II, then the ports run at a maximum 3 Gbps until you plug in a SATA III drive.

Most mechanical hard drives are SATA II because even the top-performing drives can't come anywhere near fully saturating SATA II speeds.

Edit:

or wait does this little shit board run 3Gb becausei have a richland cpu not kaveri or how its called....its stupid enough that the pcie runs at 2.0 instead of 3.0

In all honestly, PCIe 2.0 vs 3.0 makes no practical difference (only a couple percent when using top-end GPUs in SLI paired with a high end CPU).

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Do the hard drives support SATA III (6 Gbps)? If the drives are only SATA II, then the ports run at a maximum 3 Gbps until you plug in a SATA III drive.

ohhh.....fuck, i wasnt thinking about that one.....xD

sorry guys

I might be wrong, but HDD's can only go so fast so they should be plugged into the 3Gbps ports, and SSD's in the 6Gbps ports.

Quick google search, those drives run at 3Gb/s

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

It's not amazon's fault, every time you want to purchase a product, you must go to the manufacturer's website and read the specs there, not from the guys selling it.

After going to Asus website, this motherboard does indeed support Sata III (6gbps). If the hard drives you are using are only Sata II, they will show as Sata II.

The PCIe slot is confusing even of the Asus website, it says PCIe 2.0/3.0. You should contact Asus about that, but still there are no single GPU graphic cards that will have a performance difference.

Once the SSDs arrive,  with the system drivers and bios version up to date, try running some SSD benchmarks, if it's still on Sata II performance, contact Asus.

sorry guys, my brain was running in power saving mode....

guys, its running 3Gb, because I have a HDD in my laptop runnuing in S-ATA II and the mobo has SATA III, and its still shown in 6Gb, although the drive is 3Gb....

amazon, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING me ******* ***hole. One of the several reasons why we bought a new mobo was the 6Gb/s S-ATA port. Guess what, amazon trolled me!

Edit; maybe hwinfo is trolling cuz it says the chipset is a78 but its a88

Are you SURE you're using a sata III cable? and a sata III port?

Are you SURE you're using a sata III cable? and a sata III port?

the mobo must be S-ATA III, but when I am replacing the HDD, I will benchmark the sequential speed of the ssd, and if its 3Gb, I will take the S-ATA cable from the mobo box

my mobo has sata III but on 2 ports. read the manual to see which port is the SIII 

office computer I am currently using has the a88xm-plus (got a good deal on it so why not), so 8 sata6 ports instead of 6 Sata6 ports that the a88xm-a has, but otherwise sata ports should be the same.

OP probably using older sata cable or their drives might be 3Gbps models.

rgz6g5.png

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

office computer I am currently using has the a88xm-plus (got a good deal on it so why not), so 8 sata6 ports instead of 6 Sata6 ports that the a88xm-a has, but otherwise sata ports should be the same.

OP probably using older sata cable or their drives might be 3Gbps models.

rgz6g5.png

ok, I got two Samsungs :)  .....actually 3 with my HDD