Ejecting a USB stick(flash drive)

brownninja97

My old sandisk stick on my keys is never safely ejected, i have however corrupted somefiles which i throught where done transferring but wheren't

Its all about those volumetric clouds

removing usb safely

ain't nobody got time fo dat

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

Safety remove only alerts you if the drive is in use. As long at you're not reading or writing on the drive at the time you can pull it out safely without and data corruption.

Eject is just precaution.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Because of the way that windows works, as long as you're not saving something to the USB, can be removed at anytime.

Mac on the other hand, you should safe remove it.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Just dont yank it out when its reading or writing. ??? I never eject drives. I just wait till they have stopped operations and then yank them out.

removing usb safely

ain't nobody got time fo dat

I will answer to this with a number of pictures.

24971451.jpg

3tl4iw.jpg

lifes-too-short-to-safely-remove-usb_o_1

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

I will answer to this with a number of pictures.

Those are great Esivo.

Yea, I at times just yank that stick out with no regard for the official methods as the images state, I have no freaking time or desire to go through the official secret eject procedures. If explorer says it finished coping the files then it should be done why does the system even say its done if its not? Yes, my premature ejections has produced corrupted files and even corrupted USB sticks at times, yes even loss of data I wanted :(  I even lost the whole format of a stick (aka filesystem) once. WTF?

I blame Linus because he uses USB sticks to ruin the Forum! That has USB Sticks causing havoc on all of society now, bring out the torches and the angry mob!

:D

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.