The PS4 spanks the Xbox One, graphically speaking

Tr3vor

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6972/xbox-one-hardware-compared-to-playstation-4

It seems that Microsoft is taking a more media center orientation while the Sony is trying to appeal to gamers more. The hardware shows it too.

Also, even if this is a PC forum, console hardware is important, it will dictate what you see on your PCs for the next >5 years... just pointing that out :P

Old shit no one cares about but me.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6972/xbox-one-hardware-compared-to-playstation-4

It seems that Microsoft is taking a more media center orientation while the Sony is trying to appeal to gamers more. The hardware shows it too.

Also, even if this is a PC forum, console hardware is important, it will dictate what you see on your PCs for the next >5 years... just pointing that out :P

The One will fail.

The One will fail.

Yeah, I think that the PS4 is what I'd go with if I were to buy a new console. Hopefully devs develop games for the PS4 first and port to the One and PC, instead of the One to PS4 and PC, so that we get the best looking games possible :P

Old shit no one cares about but me.

they'll go to the one first.

thankfully BF4 is looking to be a PC game ported to consoles.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

$50 a year is not worth it for online gaming on Xbox live. Spending ANY extra money for online gaming is not worh it. 

the PS4 will cost less money for the average consumer. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

they'll go to the one first.

thankfully BF4 is looking to be a PC game ported to consoles.

I think so too, since it would make it easier for them.

PS4 is what i will get. 

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

The PS4 has DDDR5 and no membership fee. PS4 is better IMHO.

Will get a PS4 eventually, depending on price point, IF it has decent exclusives only titles, I want to play.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

It will also highly depend how well the programmers will use the hardware they are provided with. I'd say they will be in pair with graphics and also I don't see why everyone is having a rant at the One. Just because they haven't shown any games it doesn't mean it will suck at games. Keep in mind that E3 is around the corner and Microsoft left it until then for them to shine in my opinion. Also they most likely previewed the TV and the media section of their console since it helped them to demonstrate all of the hardware and overall behavior of the system they have put a lot of effort into. That way they will be able to lure some non-gamers to buy the new Xbox.

Also they most likely previewed the TV and the media section of their console since it helped them to demonstrate all of the hardware and overall behavior of the system they have put a lot of effort into. That way they will be able to lure some non-gamers to buy the new Xbox.

Oh yeh they will lure loads of people to the Xbox One with a TV feature that only works in the USA.

Non-gamers wouldn't be attracted to this, you can get a media center for a fraction of the price or some other thing that does exactly the same thing like a tv streamer box.

Also while doing this, they push away gamers (which is a MASSIVE market mind you).

They should of not even held the show AT ALL and waited till E3.

The voice commands are nice.

You have a son who won't get of his xbox, you tell him over and over to get off.

parent : "Ok fine billy"

parent: "XBOX OFF"

son : FUUUUUUUU

Fun times.

And if you can turn the voice stuff off then you how are you going to control the TV aspects? you get a remote control? does your TV remote work with the xbox overlay? how you going to use skype? how you going to use internet explorer?

:D

The whole voice commands for TV stuff SHOULD BE IN YOUR TV, not a console.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

It will also highly depend how well the programmers will use the hardware they are provided with. I'd say they will be in pair with graphics and also I don't see why everyone is having a rant at the One. Just because they haven't shown any games it doesn't mean it will suck at games. Keep in mind that E3 is around the corner and Microsoft left it until then for them to shine in my opinion. Also they most likely previewed the TV and the media section of their console since it helped them to demonstrate all of the hardware and overall behavior of the system they have put a lot of effort into. That way they will be able to lure some non-gamers to buy the new Xbox.

Why would a non gamer buy the xbox?  Spend 100 bucks and get an android based tv streamer box instead.  

I really see no reason to get the Xbox or the PS4.  This is going to be the first generation of consoles in which I will buy neither one. 

Just to say this.

Ultimately - Xbox one Vs PS4 is going to come down to one thing.  How good the Exclusives are.  

They will perform similar to one another regardless outside of exclusives, in which the PS4 will probably be better because the PS4 has better hardware overall.  Games will be developed on the Xbox One, then ported to PS4 and PC, so the Xbox One will determine the quality.  The PS4 is going to be in the same position PC has been in for years, it can deliver more but console hardware(xbox) is holding it back unless developers take the time to improve things(they haven't done it up till now, they wont start...) although not as much as consoles hold back PC.  Exclusives will show what the PS4 can really do (graphically that is), just like PC exclusive games (or ones which got some love when ported) show what the PC can do.

Let the battle of exclusives commence!

Why would a non gamer buy the xbox?  Spend 100 bucks and get an android based tv streamer box instead.  

I really see no reason to get the Xbox or the PS4.  This is going to be the first generation of consoles in which I will buy neither one. 

What about good exclusives?? thats the only reason u might buy a ps4.

My specs:Fractal Define R4, i5 2550k, Asus GTX 560ti 2GB, Samsung 840 pro 120GB SSD, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM ,Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Corsair 600w PSU

lets see how that translates in real world performance...

btw. the xbox one looks like a 80s VCR or is it just me?

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

Its supports 4K res?! I'd like to see it get above 10fps on any game at 4K res.

Is this release really all that different from the last one? The PS3 was more powerful, arguably had better exclusives, Bluray, and PSN was free. They both sold identical numbers (77 million), but Xbox Live probably had WAY more users than PSN. The gamers mostly went for the 360 because Live was better. Nobody cared about the specs, because they looked the same once you were actually playing. I doubt it'll be different this time. Keep in mind the average consumer doesn't consider any of the features we do, like graphics capability and what speed the RAM is, etc. Next to each other, you still won't be able to tell them apart on the screen. It's pretty obvious that consoles are going very casual, I don't think we should worry about the PS4/One. Just stick to PC gaming and hope console ports improve  ;)

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

What about good exclusives?? thats the only reason u might buy a ps4.

Just not worth it to me to pay 500-700 bucks so I can spend 70 x 1-3 games.  

Yeah, I think that the PS4 is what I'd go with if I were to buy a new console. Hopefully devs develop games for the PS4 first and port to the One and PC, instead of the One to PS4 and PC, so that we get the best looking games possible :P

didn't the major devs say they are developing on pc and then porting down to one and ps4?

my brother will get a ps4 but next year when prices drops

meh

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Well maybe the ps4 performs better than the One but they are not exactly directed to the same public. The ps4 clearly goes for gamers and the One does a little bit less in my opinion. I dont really care which one wins, but i have good hopes in the steam box.

I honestly think MS is making every single mistake that Sony made with the PS3 launch. Rewind 8 years or so and Sony had a near NES level of dominance with the PS2, and lost the hearts of "hardcore" gamers by going with the all in one media center bs. Another problem was doing the reveal early instead of waiting till E3 when launch titles such as everything by EA would be ready to preview. When all you have is a bunch of movies and TV shows, why bother? Biggest mistake was throwing in that COD preview with BRAND NEW JUMPING OVER WALLS AND LOOK AT DEM DAWGS. nuff said

ETA: Just occured to me that one of Sony's taglines for PS3 was "PS does everything"....what is MS thinking???

the way next gen is going... im gonna make my self a Steam console... with 32GB of ram a GTX 780 and a 8 core CPU... cause yh i can do that and get better result than console..

Character artist in the Games industry.

People are talking about how developers will limit their graphics to the Xbox One regardless of the PS4 offering undeniably more raw power.

But both systems use the x86 architecture, and PC games almost always have a huge range of graphical options to tweak the performance until it runs as desired on pretty much any hardware. Shouldn't it be pretty easy for developers to just make the PC game and give each console version their own locked-down graphics settings? I mean, they already give the PC version much higher options than consoles, so if it's developed with the Xbox One in mind then the PS4 version would still just have to be the PC version with less than max settings.

But I might be oversimplifying, or completely misunderstanding the development process.