The bloatware on Verizon's LG G3 can be uninstalled

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.droid-life.com/2014/07/24/verizon-bloatware-uninstall-lg-g3/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DroidLife+%28Droid+Life%29

Verizon pinged us this afternoon to point out a new bloatware application installation process they are currently testing with the LG G3. On the G3, users may notice during the activation and setup process that there are apps being installed in the background that will eventually show in the app drawer. These are applications that in the past have come pre-loaded out of the box on Verizon phones, only Verizon doesn’t appear to want to do that anymore.

The downloading of these bloatware apps does not count against your data plan. Verizon also noted that these can be uninstalled just like any other app you would download.

American wireless carriers are learning! It seems that Verizon is taking a note from the Korean wireless carriers, and I am perfectly okay with that. They're finally giving people the option to uninstall their bloatware if you don't want it, and let's be honest, none of us want it. Big Red does a lot of really cool things, and a lot of really not so cool things, but this is definitely one of the cool things that they've done.

Take note other American wireless carriers.

COMIC SANS

I seriously want the bloatware on MetroPCS phones to be Uninstaller PLEASE FOR FUCKS SAKE

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I don't much care for the G3. But none the less, good job Verizon!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Or just not install it in the first place, they all know nobody wants that shit.

I'm not going to pat someone on the back for moving from forcing me to keep some crap I don't want to now still giving it to me but allowing me to remove it myself, because IMHO that should be the situation from the very beginning.

I'm not fond of stock roms anyway, but this definitely an improvement. Good job, Verizon, you did a good! Now do a bunch of others and I might start considering you a good carrier choice.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Even if you do this, I still hate you Verizon. Just make AT&T the largest 4G LTE network, not you, for fuck's sake.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Great! Now let your customers, me included, use the stock text messaging application on my HTC One and not your own stupid one.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I seriously want the bloatware on MetroPCS phones to be Uninstaller PLEASE FOR FUCKS SAKE

if you can root your phone you can remove any bloatware you wnat

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

if you can root your phone you can remove any bloatware you wnat

You glorious man I'm going to find out how to on my LG L70

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I guess everyone is different. I think it's fair for giving Verizon kudos for taking initiative.

I will give kudos to Google for selling me Nexus phones with 0 crap on them, and Apple for selling iPhones free from bloatware, other companies like Samsung are playing catchup, and there are networks who have their own personal shite to install on devices, neither group deserves kudos.

Just my opinion, flawed as it may be for reasons I know not.

I will give kudos to Google for selling me Nexus phones with 0 crap on them, and Apple for selling iPhones free from bloatware, other companies like Samsung are playing catchup, and there are networks who have their own personal shite to install on devices, neither groups deserve kudos.

Just my opinion, flawed as it may be for reasons I know not.

Yeah, let's hope Samsung can catch up with this trend. I still can't get crapware off my tablet from 2012.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

iPhones are also a lot more expensive than other smartphones. Don't Google phones have Google books, wallet, ID and all that stuff on it? I could be wrong.

Yes iphones are more expensive that is indeed true but not much more expensive than LG/Samsung/HTC flagships.

Google phones come with native Google apps yes, but they are not what I'd consider bloatware but again, this is opinion.

what about LG's bloatware!!!

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD