Asrok z77 extreme 4 m has killed 4 intel cpus and i have a damage bill of over $1500 what do i do now?

hi i know their is no single answer to this but any advice or help is most welcome

so this morning i started up my system as usual and the power went out. i went and fliped the fuse back on thinking it was nothing. (this happened 2 times) on my third attempted the system booted no problem. i got into windows and boom the computer went off. being a computer technician i went through all the things you do when a system goes off and wont post and found nothing  wrong except my i7 3770 was dead (strange). so i borrowed an i5 3570k thinking that some how i killed my i7 and after about 1/2 hour the system went down again and did not start. i then went to my parts shelf and found an old pentium and managed to get into the bios to find (to my horror) i found the cpu running at 1.9V (i am not sure if it was but the board must have had something really wrong with it). i am no overclocker or anything but i have enough experience to know that they should not get that high  and i had never changed that setting and sure enough just as i was about to change it the pentium died. again i tried with an old i3 i got out of a computer i was recycling for parts and the same got into the bios and dead. i did not get enough time to look at temps and stuff but i was running on water. i took each chip out and tried them on 3 different gigabyte boards with an array of different graphics cards, ram and psus as i have acces to them because of my work. now i am at the point where i am on an old laptop 12 hours into fixing the computer with 4 blown cpus a bill of over $1500 in parts and no idea what to do now. i cant contact the seller as i have no prof of perches because the board was a gift some of the cpu's i can return but i doubt that i will get anything back. 

i am not sure what else to right but if any one wants any more specs or info i am more than happy to give them out 

Why didn't you get rid of the board the first time it killed a CPU? 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Why didn't you get rid of the board the first time it killed a CPU? 

well at the first time i just thought it was the i7 that died but thinking about it now i do agree with you i should have got rid of the board after the i5

hi i know their is no single answer to this but any advice or help is most welcome

so this morning i started up my system as usual and the power went out. i went and fliped the fuse back on thinking it was nothing. (this happened 2 times) on my third attempted the system booted no problem. i got into windows and boom the computer went off. being a computer technician i went through all the things you do when a system goes off and wont post and found nothing  wrong except my i7 3770 was dead (strange). so i borrowed an i5 3570k thinking that some how i killed my i7 and after about 1/2 hour the system went down again and did not start. i then went to my parts shelf and found an old pentium and managed to get into the bios to find (to my horror) i found the cpu running at 1.9V (i am not sure if it was but the board must have had something really wrong with it). i am no overclocker or anything but i have enough experience to know that they should not get that high  and i had never changed that setting and sure enough just as i was about to change it the pentium died. again i tried with an old i3 i got out of a computer i was recycling for parts and the same got into the bios and dead. i did not get enough time to look at temps and stuff but i was running on water. i took each chip out and tried them on 3 different gigabyte boards with an array of different graphics cards, ram and psus as i have acces to them because of my work. now i am at the point where i am on an old laptop 12 hours into fixing the computer with 4 blown cpus a bill of over $1500 in parts and no idea what to do now. i cant contact the seller as i have no prof of perches because the board was a gift some of the cpu's i can return but i doubt that i will get anything back. 

i am not sure what else to right but if any one wants any more specs or info i am more than happy to give them out 

So it killed the first CPU, Ofc I would believe after the first CPU that it may have been a bad chip, But after it killed the second one I WOULD HELL NO PUT A THIRD one in it

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

well at the first time i just thought it was the i7 that died but thinking about it now i do agree with you i should have got rid of the board after the i5

Ah okay. So do you have any spare 7-series motherboards available?

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

RMA your board? i havent had any problem with my ASrock extreme4-m

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Get rid of the mobo, and live with it. If you cant get your money back for the board, I would suggest minimizing further damage.

You could have tried resetting the BIOS of the board, or updating it, that would have cleared any OC settings that were induced by the previous owner.

Trying that now could mean another CPU lost.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Ah okay. So do you have any spare 7-series motherboards available?

nah sorry, surprisingly I have not used one or even seen one other than in a shop

nah sorry, surprisingly I have not used one or even seen one other than in a shop

If you can find a 6-series motherboard for cheaper you can update the BIOS to support Ivy Bridge. That's what I did with my Z68XP-UD3, I can put a 3770K in it if I want.

2ecf08d1b2d6cf32b4c9053f557dd319.png

So it had been running at a normal voltage beforehand and somehow ended up at 1.9v? Did you buy this motherboard new?

Get rid of the mobo, and live with it. If you cant get your money back for the board, I would suggest minimizing further damage.

You could have tried resetting the BIOS of the board, or updating it, that would have cleared any OC settings that were induced by the previous owner.

Trying that now could mean another CPU lost.

yep already have the board in the bin, and i had tried to reset/ update the bios before i tried the i5 but clearly that did not help 

If you can find a 6-series motherboard for cheaper you can update the BIOS to support Ivy Bridge. That's what I did with my Z68XP-UD3, I can put a 3770K in it if I want.

ok, thanks i will keep that in mind :)

2ecf08d1b2d6cf32b4c9053f557dd319.png

So it had been running at a normal voltage beforehand and somehow ended up at 1.9v? Did you buy this motherboard new?

yeah the board was new and i have no idea if it actually was at 1.9v but either way it is dead 

ok, thanks i will keep that in mind :)

Oops I forgot to mention that you'll need a Sandy Bridge CPU installed in order to update the BIOS. lol can't believe I forgot that.

Oops I forgot to mention that you'll need a Sandy Bridge CPU installed in order to update the BIOS. lol can't believe I forgot that.

cool I think i can borrow one of those